Chapter Fifty-five

3 weeks later

************

Sam sniffed as she fixed Adelaide's long veil with little diamonds that glistened through the pure white material with tiny spots of glue "There perfect" she smiled as she stood back to admire her handiwork.

There was only an hour to go before Adelaide walked down the aisle and she was already finished dressing, Adelaide stood there in her long plain ivory dress with her two metre train that would look spectacular as she walked down the aisle to the alter.

They were lucky enough to have the weather on their side as outside was a gloriously sunny day without a cloud in the sky, there were two columns' filled with white seats covered with ivory cotton and tied with a gold sash, the alter was the usual white colour but an arch had been put up behind it filled with red, white and purple roses.

She checked the position of her crystal tiara for the final time and smiled again when she took in her hair, Sam had done wonders with her long hair. She curled it and pinned it loosely up on top of her head allowing small tendrils to fall out and frame her face. She had done her own makeup that was minimum and natural looking

Adelaide sighed as she looked at the clock again 55 minutes to go and grumbled, she rubbed her slightly larger stomach and smiled knowing that her daughter would come into this world having two very loving parents and surrounded with her extended family, not everyone can have three granddads she grinned. Their baby girl was going to be so spoilt!

She had closed off mind control to Connor last night so he couldn't hear any of the details of what she was wearing; she wouldn't give it back until she reached the top of the aisle. Colin was best man and had done a blinding job of keeping him calm, apart from the whole stag night thing when they had got him pissed on his dads 'special stuff' then tied him naked to the back of a pick up truck and paraded him around the village, the human village!

"Adelaide, you ready?" her mum called out, she gave a little whimper at the thought of not having her real mum there today, but thanks to her she survived and gave her own life to protect her. "Yeah I think so" she exhaled before collecting her fresh bouquet of roses and followed her mum out the door.

It wasn't long before she had reached the gathering, her mum had been horrified at the thought of been taken to the gathering place by a carriage pulled by wolves but now she was squealing with excitement at the speed they were moving at, as there were three of them, Adelaide, her mum and Sam, the carriage was pulled by six guard wolves.

Connor stood at the alter with Colin at his side, he had never felt so nervous in his entire life, his hands felt sweaty and his feet felt like jelly, not to mention his mouth felt like sandpaper.

Colin must have sensed his cousin's discomfort and patted him roughly on his back "She will be here soon" he whispered, he glanced behind him at the hundreds of people already seated. Everyone had come from both packs; Jack and Peter sat in the front row with Connors parents eagerly awaiting the bride's arrival. He felt a sense of relief that he was only a Beta, this was an enormous crowd.

Finally the music started and Connor heard everyone stand up, he felt like a coward, he couldn't move, he had been standing in the same position for so long he felt rooted to the spot. Suddenly a sweet voice filled his head **you can turn round** Adelaide spoke and instantly he whipped his body round to take her in all her beauty.

Both dads had walked up to the top before she arrived and waited for her to come, either one on each side the three of them walked slowly down the aisle, Sam walked a bit in front with Sofia in her arms dressed in a gorgeous purple dress against Sam's gold dress they both looked a picture.

Everyone gasped as Adelaide passed them, she could hear sniffing and compliments as she passed, she knew she should feel nervous but her eyes were fixed on Connor, their eyes simply locked and she just floated towards him in a trance. She tried to keep pace with the music, but it was taking too long, all she wanted to do was run the rest of the way. But looking at the love in Connors eyes, she knew it was worth the wait.

Thirty minutes later, Connor and Adelaide signed the register followed by Colin and Sam as witnesses and they both walked down the aisle as husband and wife.

********************************

A year later

***********

Connor and Adelaide sighed again "Your turn" Adelaide groaned and lay back in bed as Connor threw the quilt off himself and grabbed his housecoat. He disappeared out the room and re-entered a few minutes later with a wide awake Katie.

Connor placed the nine month old in-between them and smiled as she instantly quietened down now she got the attention that she wanted. "She is going to be a little diva" Connor smiled at he stared down at the miniature Adelaide with her bright blue eyes and deep red hair.

This was what it was like every morning, Katie screaming her lungs out until she was picked up and brought into the bedroom, he knew he probably should put his foot down but she already had him round her tiny little finger and he wouldn't change it for the world.

After the wedding, jack had dropped the bombshell that he was retiring and handing the pack over to Adelaide, she immediately took to her pack like a duck to water and they had merged both the packs, although Adelaide made sure that she was in charge of her pack and not overruled by Connor. He didn't mind, this was a blessing for him as the Kelltoch pack was big enough on its own without running the McLeod one as well.

Soon after retiring Peter and Mary moved into the pack house until their new cottage was built on his land, they wanted to be close to Adelaide and Katie and Connor actually liked having them around. As for Sasha, she stayed with Paul and was due to get her 12 week scan on their first child.

Life was good and this was only the beginning!