Chapter Thirty-two

Jake looked at both Alpha's as if they had gone nuts, "Good work Jake, get everyone to the living room...we have work to do!" Connor said patting Jake on his back and saw him wince with the power behind the simple gesture. Connor looked a bit puzzled himself "You forget that when you mated my daughter your power increased dramatically?" Jack laughed lightly.

Connor never noticed before because it was only really Adelaide he had been around, this was really interesting, he wasn't sure just how much stronger he was but this was a really positive bit of info. He decided to look into it a bit later on, but first they needed a plan...and quick!

Once everyone had quietened down Connor told everyone about what he had seen, he felt stupid but everyone took every word seriously which made him smile to himself. They had brought in the huge plasma TV from the control room and Connor hooked his laptop up to it.

After a few minutes he pulled up the image of the building, unfortunately Google didn't allow him to zoom in as close as he would have liked but they got a rough idea of the landscape and layout "Damn that's a huge building!" a member of Jacks pack gasped taking in the huge scale and lack of enough cover to hide everyone. Connor had noticed this as well and knew it was a major problem that they needed solved. "What if we send a scout?" Colin asked thoughtfully "Nah, we would be sniffed out in a second by those dogs" Connor answered.

Jack and Alex looked at each other and Connor knew they were speaking through their mind connection, and that really bothered him. Jack seen the darkening in Connors eyes and held his hands up "Calm down, we just needed to discuss a delicate subject" he explained "I could send one of my men" Jack said quietly "Same thing, one pack member is not more expendable than another" Connor growled.

Jack sighed deeply, "I think we better go back to your office" he said before walking past Connor and climbed the stairs. Connor quickly caught up with him "We are trying to make plans down there or have you forgotten!" Connor said through gritted teeth trying not to lose his temper.

"Well you better listen to what I have to say then!" Jack growled back. "After my Diane was killed, I knew that the hunters would be back to kill me and possibly wipe out the rest of my pack as well...so I found a way to protect them" he finished with a huge grin on his face. "You still have no idea how I wasn't captured by any of your patrol members or even you, I have been wandering through all the territories for a long time without anyone challenging me" Jack laughed dryly.

Connor thought for a second and remembered how Jack had sneaked up on him without him noticing. "OK, what's the story?" Connor sat down and crossed his arms patiently waiting for Jack to fill him in, Jack told Connor about the serum and the effects on him and his pack, Connor could see just how dangerous this would be if it ever got out, if everyone could get hold of it, enemies could attack other weaker packs without any warning.

Connor sat and took in the whole situation, "I have one vial left I was going to give to Sofia if I ever found her...I mean Adelaide" he sighed really struggling with the whole name change thing, Connor smiled sympathetically he had no idea just how he was feeling, but they both shared a bond with Adelaide and the sooner they could get her back the better.

"I will make this very clear, I have no interest in your serum, and I appreciate the fact that you have hid the recipe, although after this maybe giving Adelaide the serum will help protect her in the future" Connor finally said. He stood up and walked to the window "I would be grateful if you could send a scout, but I don't want to put any of your men at risk" he said turning to face the stressed face of Jack, this was killing him.

"I will go myself" Jack said in his Alpha tone, "Its my fault she is in this situation, if it wasn't for me her mum would still be alive as well" he spoke with a break in his voice, he heard the still raw emotion that coated his words when speaking about his late mate.

"I can't let you do that!" Connor said in disbelief, I need to be there!" Connor said with panic, the thought of Jack being caught meant that the hunters had exactly what they wanted. Jack must have just realised this problem as well as his eyes went wide with panic, "There is only one solution, you have to take the serum!" Jack spoke with excitement. "If you take the serum, we can both scout the area, and as we are both Alpha's we have the added advantage of our increased strength"

They both looked at each other in a look that said they now had a plan.