Chapter Thirty-four

Connor and Jack had gone over the plan so many times that the map was now engrained in their heads, Alex and Colin would be in charge of their men until they returned and each of them knew what to do on the off chance that something happened and they didn't return.

Once everyone was up to speed on the plan and everyone was happy with it, it was time to leave. They got in Connor's jeep and punched the postcode into the Sat Nav before going on their way. It would take them about four hours to reach the compound but after about an hour the drive was starting to feel endless. Jack pulled out a bag that had been stuffed behind the driver side and peered inside and smiled.

Connor glanced at the bag and shook his head at the piles of sandwiches, crisps, chocolate and fizzy juice that had been packed in the same bag that Samantha had chucked clothes in last week for Adelaide. He felt a pain in his chest that reminded him that the sooner he got her back the better.

Neither of them knew what they were getting themselves into, but would both give their lives for Adelaide, at least they had that in common. After two hours they stopped and emptied the bag out "This could feed an army?" Jack laughed in amazement that anyone would pack this much food for just two people, then they looked at each other "Maybe we should keep some for later" Jack smiled weekly.

They both knew that there was still a big chance that she might already be dead but that was pushed right to the back of their minds, if they thought like that they would be no use to anyone.

Finally they reached a dense forest, Connor parked his jeep as far in as he could then changed his mind, he reversed his jeep out and backed in instead that way they could have quick getaway if needed. It was getting dark and the place was far too quiet, although it was so isolated that a couple of wolves could quite easily move around in here without being spotted.

Connor had declined the serum, as he felt that he would be betraying his pack if he accepted it. Jack understood his reasons, he didn't feel complete without his scent, but at that time it was the only choice he had to keep his own pack safe. Only problem now, was that things were now ten times more dangerous as the dogs could track Connors scent.

They both undressed and put their clothes on the backseat and shifted into their powerful wolves, Connor still hadn't had a chance to checkout his extra strength that he had gotten from mating with a more powerful pure blood. He hoped tonight he didn't need to fight; this was purely a scouting operation. The only problem was, now they were both wolves and were from different packs this now meant that communication would be difficult as they didn't have the luxury of the mind connection either. Being in wolf form meant that their senses where more heightened than in human form do would be easier to track any scent or listen and lookout out for danger.

They both prowled through the trees avoiding any thinner patches, it was taking time but if they get caught it would be game over. Finally they seen a huge grey building through the trees it made them both stop in their tracks. Connor scanned the area in amazement, it was just like his dream, razor sharp barbed wire topped off the eight foot high fence, there where cameras everywhere although he wasn't sure if they also were night vision or infrared.

Looking around he didn't see anyone patrolling, maybe they felt that their security was too tight or no one would be stupid enough to break in. They both shifted back into human form so they could communicate. "What do you think?" Jack asked not once taking his eye off that monstrous fence. "Looks tighter than Scrooges wallet" Connor replied. They both studied the building and looked for any blind spots in the CCTV cameras.

Connor straightened his back and sniffed the air, Jack done the same; a familiar scent was coming towards them at a fast speed. Connor looked at Jack and Jack looked at Connor "Sasha!" they both said at the same time. It wasn't long before a shape emerged from the dark and skidded to a halt, panic flashing across her eyes, she looked at the two men who were both butt naked. She gave them both a confused look before grinding to a halt before bowing her head in submission to the two Alphas'.