Chapter Nine

After Connor had growled at her whether this was just in her head or not, the rest of the walk home was in complete silence. Ten minutes later they arrived at her front door creating an awkward moment as she felt in her heart that he was the 'one for her', 'but who growls at people?' she thought and her inner voice replied 'well you do!' stupid head Adelaide cringed.

"So how are you feeling now?" Connor asked with concern as she had just stood at her door in a daze for the past few minutes "I'm fine...I guess" she sighed dramatically causing Connor to smile which made her melt on the spot "Do you want a coffee?" she asked expectantly hoping he wasn't too busy. "Don't see why not" he grinned as if he was the cat that got the cream.

She opened the door and led him into the kitchen and switched the kettle on before grabbing the biggest mugs she could find out of the cupboard. "So what are you doing here in the town?" she asked trying not to be so obvious that she liked him 'that's an understatement' her inner voice spoke with sarcasm. "Looking for you, after all you are my mate!" he said bluntly locking his green eyes with her bright blue eyes that now started to narrow to slits that caused his wolf to state the obvious...that he had just blown it.

"What do you mean by that?" she said so low that a human would have had a hard time hearing, he knew it was time to come clean he couldn't stay here forever, he had duties that he couldn't ignore as Alpha.

"You are my mate and you can feel the attraction as well so don't deny it" he spoke with such a soft dreamy voice that it took her a few seconds to get over the effect his voice had on her before she registered what he had just said. "Mate? I don't even know you and don't tell me what I feel...you don't know anything about me... and maybe if you did you would run a mile" Adelaide screamed as her eyes darkened to black with a hint of red and without warning, a bolt of pure energy hit Connor with so much force that made even his wolf shocked. 'Wow this women is no half blood...she is a pure blood werewolf.'

Connor groaned internally realising that she was actually more powerful than him even though he himself was of pure blood.' Great now what do I do?' he cringed looking at the anger and confusion that was so clear on her angelic face 'how do I make this better.' he thought as for the first time in his entire life he lowered his eyes in submission which seemed to work as her eyes slowly started to lose the red then the colour returned until they were their usual beautiful blue.

Connor sighed "Maybe you should sit down and I will explain everything!" he said as he motioned with his hand to the seat across the table, thankfully for him she seemed willing to listen as she took a seat and sat there with her arms crossed which caused her chest to rise catching his attention "Ahem my face is here" she said impatiently and made him grimace slightly at been caught out.

"As you must be aware by now...we are both werewolves and when..."Adelaide interrupted immediately "What the hell are you talking about!" she screamed. "There is no such thing as werewolves, if you are just trying to make fun of me then you can leave or I will whip your ass!" she screamed jumping out of her seat as her eyes darkened almost immediately although the red hadn't entered them yet. 'note to self don't make her angry!' he joked actually loving the way she looked angry...sort of a turn on he thought smugly while she was having the opposite thoughts about him right now. 'Typical you find your perfect man and he's as cuckoo as me' she thought dryly 'just listen to him stupid!' her inner voice shouted at her for the first time which made her stop mid thought.

"That was your wolf talking to you wasn't it?" Connor spoke seeing at her sudden confusion, "I have been dreaming about you for the past six months, surely you have had dreams about me?" he continued searching her face for any signs that it wasn't just him.

Adelaide slumped back into the seat and cradled her head in her hands, "My life is so f**cked up" she sighed in defeat as she knew he spoke the truth. "Why me, is there more of us?" she asked innocently which made Connors heart ache "Yes we are everywhere although we don't stay in villages like you do" he sighed realising she had no idea about her background, "When did you move here?" he asked curious to what pack she belonged, with the power she has shown to possess she must be the daughter of a mighty Alpha, maybe they where in hiding from something or someone he thought. He really hated the thought of his newly found mate in trouble.