Chapter Fifty

Adelaide came face to face with dark yellow eyes that just seemed to burn into her soul, it was a large grey wolf but she didn't sense what pack he was from. She tried to communicate with him but as he wasn't part of her pack he didn't respond.

There was something rather intimidating about this one and a fear started to build within her as she realised that she was in fact in the company of a real life wolf. She didn't want to fight in case she harmed or even killed her baby **Connor I think I have a problem!** she thought before the wolf stepped closer to her making her also step backwards instinctively. Connor hadn't replied but she knew that he would have heard her due to the height she was the signal would be able to travel further.

The wolf did not look very friendly at all as he bared his yellow stained teeth at her and started circling her, she always made sure that she didn't have her back to him as that would have been an easy target. She didn't know how long she would be able to hold him off and the thoughts of Connor finding her and their unborn baby dead filled her with panic.

Connor would still be at least an hour away as it had taken her a while to get to this point so just keeping him at bay was all she could risk doing. If there were any trees around she might have chanced shifting and climbing out of its way but the only thing that grew at this height was heather and very few stunted trees that were useless.

She knew time was running out as the wolf had now started growling and snapping at her face, she restrained her wolf who just wanted to fight and kill it but Adelaide knew just how risky that was. A few times the wolf got lucky and managed to nip at her side but nothing any worse than that, she was sure that she was still in Kelltoch soil but she wasn't completely sure, she was still practising on her wolf abilities that young wolfs are taught from a very young age.

A long howl pierced through the silence and Adelaide watched as the wolf cowered before running off in the opposite direction away from her. She collapsed in a heap emotionally sapped of all her energy and lay there shaking with fear not for her as she could have taken him down but for her unborn child.

Connor came bounding into view but Adelaide didn't have the energy to stand up **Are you OK?** he asked with worry in his voice but all she could do was shake her head, Connor licked her face and lay down beside her **I am never leaving your side again** he said light-heartedly knowing that she felt bad enough already without him rubbing more salt in the wound.

Connor made sure she was safe before heading in the direction the feral wolf disappeared to make sure that it was gone, he hadn't seen feral wolfs up here but humans were trying to reintroduce them back into Scotland. This was bad news for Connor and every other pack as normal wolves were all animal and didn't follow the same rules as they did.

He was sure that he was brought by the scent coming off his mate and the fact she was pregnant probably heightened its animal instincts to either kill her or follow her till she gave birth, kill the baby and mate with her so she would be carrying his pup. Connor hated that scenario and before he could think too much about it he shook his head and bounded back to Adelaide.

It took them a while to get back home and although both of them wanted to just get some sleep but they had a dinner to go to, "Are you sure you're OK? We can cancel if you want I'm sure your parents wont mind too much" Connor whispered in her ear as he watched her yawn but she just smiled and said she was OK.

Connor really had to sit down and explain the dangers of venturing off their lands, the feral wolf she had come up against was highly unpredictable as they are all animal instinct and he would have sensed that Adelaide was pregnant by a rival wolf. This could quite easily have gotten very wrong if it wasn't for the fact that he had followed her from a distance to keep tabs on her, but he forgot just how fast she was and had fallen back a bit too far.

That decided, she was confined to his lands unless him or one of his trusted guards where with her. He squeezed her hand, smiled and told her that she better get ready if she wanted to go. She gave him a warm smile before heading upstairs to their bedroom **Colin, I need you to keep an eye out for a large grey feral wolf, Adelaide came across him this morning and I don't want him following her scent onto our lands** he spoke out through mind control, he hadn't heard of any feral wolves so close to large populations of werewolves and it made him feel a little uneasy to say the least.

They left the house a little later than Connor had planned as Adelaide's stomach still felt a little queasy but after eating a pile of chocolate she felt better, Connor laughed at her stuffing her face in the car "I hope you are just eating for two!" he laughed as he watched her face heat up before scowling at him.

Connor has put his foot down on the way to the village so they made good time, Adelaide sat in the car while Connor chapped the door to alert her parents to their arrival. Adelaide found it very weird to have her mum and dad sitting behind her in the car, luckily it didn't take long to reach the same little Italian restaurant that Connor and Adelaide had their first proper date.

They all entered into the cosy restaurant and were quickly shown to their reserved table complete with green and white chequered tablecloth, candles and a large basket of freshly baked garlic bread. Adelaide looked at it and just thought about just how perfect the moment was. She watched as Connor spoke with her dad as if they had known each other for years and allowed her mum to hone in her radar without any interruptions "You look rather well, you have a nice glow to your skin" she smiled "Oh yeah, it's really warm in here...isn't it?" she lied trying to change the subject away from her obvious line of questioning.

Thankfully the waiter came with menus and asked what they would like to drink, Connor asked for their best champagne which now caused her parent to raise their eyebrows "I guess this isn't just a normal everyday meal" her dad smiled and winked at Connor. The look on her mums face was a picture as she sipped the fine champagne. It was only seconds later that her mum shrieked and clapped her hands together as she noticed the sparkle that shone off her new engagement ring "Oh my god! When did that happen?" she grinned as her eyes filled up.

They both explained that they were getting married within the next couple of months and although they were suspicious neither of them ever mentioned if there was a pressing situation that merited the rushed ceremony. The rest of the evening was filled with talks of venues, reception ideas etc until Connor looked at a large clock above the bar at the other side of the dinning room, it was nearly eleven, they has been there for three hours and Connor had enough of sharing Adelaide anymore. "I think we better head back home" he smiled politely before asking for the bill. Peter tried to pay towards the meal but Connor explained that it was his treat and all he wanted was their input on their only child's wedding.

On the way back Adelaide finally brought up the problem she was having with names, Connor came up with the idea of using Sofia Adelaide McLeod on their official marriage certificate as she already had her birth certificate with Sofia McLeod on it, no one had access to it in the human side as it was just kept on file and no copies were sent out, so no paper trail. The only problem was, did Mary and Peter have a birth certificate for her?