Chapter Thirty-nine

Jack slowed through the apartment and noticed the dark depressing decor, every room was painted black and all the windows had heavy dark green mildewed curtains that were covered with cobwebs, now to mention it, there were cobwebs everywhere. The place was filthy; he looked at a once beautiful library full of books that was now enveloped with spider's webs and inches of dust.

He walked over to a desk and scanned the paperwork; everything on the desk was as the rest of the room...untouched. He walked from room to room and felt confused by the lack of any real occupancy in this place, maybe he was wrong, maybe Raven didn't live here although his scent was everywhere.

He carried on until he came across a room which looked completely different from all the rest, it was bright and airy, the walls where painted a delicate pale pink and he sniffed at the freshly cut flowers that sat in two exquisite vases by an ornate gold framed picture. It made him gasp as his eyes landed on a photograph of the same women that he had killed on that fateful night. He had tried to block her out but the truth was, he had killed this woman and because of this he had turned a probably decent man into a monster. Jack sighed deeply before he heard a click coming from behind him.

Jack spun round to face the man whose life he had ruined. "Who the hell are you and why are you in this room!" a harsh voice boomed from the man, it was Raven no doubt about that but he looked like hell had swallowed him up then spat him back out again, his face was a twisted mix of pain and hate. Jack had ruined his life but this man had ruined his life too, and tried to take his precious girls life as well as numerous other wolves as well. That was unforgivable and for this reason he knew Raven had to die!

"Well? I asked you a question!" Raven spoke with irritation. "I am your worst nightmare!" Jack growled causing Raven to step back in fear. It lasted only momentarily as revenge now glinted in his eye "So I see life has been kinder to you than me" he jeered taking in Jacks younger form that had aged slower than Raven's older form.

Raven took a step towards him in a mocking manner. Jack stood his ground, although Jack was in human form he still retained a large portion of his powers, and by looking at the way Raven was acting, he had no idea!

"So you found your daughter then? Not that it actually makes any difference" Raven cackled picking up an old bottle that looked like it hadn't been touched in years. "I have been saving this for when I get my revenge" he spat before taking a huge swig of it and grinning at Jack. Jack's head was full of panic trying to figure out what he meant by that but refused to let panic enter his face.

"Your precious baby girl and her pack are being tracked as we speak" that done it, Jack felt himself starting to shake as his wolf wanted to rip his head off. Raven just stood there and laughed darkly "I have been looking forward to killing you for years!" and before Jack had time to respond Raven had pulled out a revolver out and shot Jack in the chest.

Jack lay there shaking from the powerful silver bullet that ripped through his chest, he had never felt so much pain, "I have spent years perfecting this just for you, it is the purest silver in the world, I have saved it just for you" Raven hissed before kicking him in the ribs. Jack's vision was starting to blur as he felt the silver swim through his bloodstream, "I will not rest until I rid this world of your type' he shouted before kicking Jack again but this time in his head causing blood to pour from his mouth.

Raven walked away from him and headed over to the window, "I have my best men out there just waiting for them, once they are close enough I have ten hybrids waiting for them." "Oh s**t" Jack winced, that was a lot of hybrids, he had to warn them! He tried mind connection but the pure silver made him too week. Jack watched as he took out a phone and spoke out loud enough so Jack could hear "I have him covered, kill them all!" he ordered before hanging up and gave Jack an evil grin "You know I would have loved you to see your poor girl ripped apart by my dogs...but never mind!" he shrugged and walked over to the window, "Wolves or not they are not a match for my dogs" he carried on talking about how he had genetically engineered them and how ferocious they where.

While he was boasting about how many wolves he had killed, Jack had managed to swing his arm up to his face, he had one more sweet tied to his wrist, he waited till Raven was looking out the window before biting the foul tasting fruit and swallowed it whole. He just lay there feeling the silver break down in his system. He didn't move, the more Raven talked the more his powers where rejuvenating.

Raven finished gloating and turned to face Jack, "I appreciate the fact you came here in human form, but you can't run from the fact that all you are is a pathetic mangy mutt!" he laughed dryly before pulling a silver knife out of his boot. It was time; Jack stood up to face a rather puzzled Raven. "Our kind has been around since the dawn of time, do you really think a primitive species like you could beat us?" he spat furiously in Raven's face. "We have more natural instinct in our little finger than all your men and your precious test-tube dogs put together." he growled while walking closer to Raven who now looked completely white. Raven held the silver knife with both shaking hands and lunged for Jack, Jack saw it coming at sidestepped causing Raven to stumble and fall to his knees.

Jack seen his moment and put both his hands round Ravens neck and without hesitating he twisted it until he heard a crack, he dropped the limp-less body on the ground 'How could such a pathetic human cause so much trouble' he thought to himself. **You have ten hybrids!** Jack called out before coming up with his own plan.