Chapter Fifty-four

Adelaide felt regenerated after their midnight run, it was a while since they had done that, but she knew that when the moon was full it helped wolves unwind and renew their energy levels. They had run for hours following the boundaries, their guards had come along as security as it was the perfect time to run into rogues who were also enjoying the spectacular full moon. Luckily they didn't encounter anything out of the ordinary.

After a very good nights sleep she woke to find Connor was still sound asleep so she gently lowered herself out of bed and nipped in for a quick shower, she threw her bathrobe on and her fluffy slippers before heading downstairs to make a coffee. She wasn't surprised to find her mum sitting in the kitchen "Do you have any headache tablets?" she asked with a faint smile, Adelaide smiled and pulled a box out of the cupboard above the kettle "Feeling rough are you?" she chuckled and watched as her mum pinched the bridge of her nose, "Not just me, your dad is really suffering, he wont even get out of bed" she mumbled before taking the box off Adelaide, smile and walk very slowly back out the kitchen.

Adelaide was loving it a bit too much, she had never really see her parents drink but her mum certainly got into it when she was given a glass of Connors dads famous homemade wine, although he didn't tell her that it was a lot stronger than the stuff humans buy at a supermarket. Her dad had drunk glasses of the stuff as well and by the way he was slurring by the end of the night he too underestimated the stuff.

It was another hour later before her mum resurfaced and looking at her still damp hair and big smile on her face she guessed that the power shower done her some good, all the showers in this house were extra powerful as it had to be to help loosen tight werewolves muscles and normal showers just didn't cut it.

"I saw you last night!" her mum smiled with bright shiny eyes that looked ready to cry, "What a beautiful life you have here" she sighed looking out the kitchen window. Adelaide had to agree but if only she knew just how dangerous it also was, she would never tell them of her kidnapping and how close she was to being killed but allowed her mum to paint this rosy picture as it would do Adelaide good to know that she didn't have to worry about her so much.

"Just one more thing...when are you due?" she said out of the blue making Adelaide spill her coffee, "How did you know?" she gasped in shock at her mum "Its not hard when you keep putting your hand over your tummy every five minutes not to mention the fresh glow you have to your skin" she grinned. Adelaide had no choice but to tell her "I am ten weeks, but I want to get married before the baby is born...it feels right that way" Adelaide explained and was surprised at her mums response "Well, you should have told me, if we can accept you being a werewolf surely we can accept you falling pregnant before getting married. After all this is the twenty first century we are living in!" she grinned.

"Wow, she had never thought of her as being so laid back but it was glad that she didn't have to hide it any more, after all she wasn't past the sickness part yet and she had her first scan in a fortnight and hated the thought of not being able to show the scan photo to them.

"What would you like a boy or a girl?" Mary asked with a huge grin and before Adelaide could answer she sensed that Connor had just entered the room "I am hoping for a boy, one Adelaide is enough trouble for me" he laughed as she drew him daggers.

Mary got up to stick the kettle on, "So will the baby be born a baby or a pup?" she asked with concern in her voice. Connor didn't want to laugh but he couldn't help it, his whole body shook with laughter which seemed to drain him so much that he had to sit down. He then explained that they were all born human and could only shift once they reached the age of sixteen, and its then that they start to get their wolf abilities.

Mary looked confused, "So that's why you suddenly changed after your sixteenth birthday!" she said now aware of why she had always shunned her parents and all her Friends, she had felt different to them, she felt like a freak. "I know it was nothing to do with you or dad, but there is something wrong when you can run for hours at top speed without getting tired or walk at night without the need for a torch, not to mention the strength I had" Adelaide sighed thinking of all those nights she used to cry herself to sleep.

"Morning everyone" came a low rasping noise, everyone turned their heads to the door to see a rather green looking Peter, Mary poured him a coffee and watched him turn even greener as he took in the strong smell "Ill pass" he whispered as he sat at the table and rested his head on his folded arms.

"So are you going to tell him or am I?" Mary said wiggling her eyebrows "Tell me what?" he groaned "That you are going to be a granddad" Connor cut in with a smug look knowing it would piss off the two women. "I am going back to bed, I feel twenty years older now...thanks" he said with a hint of smile, Adelaide knew that although she couldn't see his face, he was grinning from ear to ear.

The rest of the morning flew with baby talk, Connor and Peter had gone for a walk, Peter said it was to talk man to man to Connor but everyone knew that he just needed some fresh air to try to get rid of his hangover.

It was hours before they came back, and one look at Peter it was obvious that they went for a long walk straight to Connors Dads wine reserve.