Chapter Seventeen

Jack took most of that night and the best part if the next day to reach his own lands again. **Jack is that you?** called Alex his Beta **Yip meet me at my place in two hours** Jack called out in his Alpha tone. He badly needed a shower and some food.

Jack lived in a two floor modestly built wooden house that complemented the surrounding forests around it, it was built purposely to blend in with the forest, after the attack the McLeod pack relocated to the opposite end of their territory abandoning their homes in an attempt to make it look like they where wiped out. If they stayed there the hunters would have found them and finished them off. The serum worked a treat as the dogs couldn't track them to their new settlement.

After a long hot shower he poured himself a beer and made bacon butty, he sat on the porch enjoying the way the beer slipped easily down his throat making him feel at ease.

He knew by instinct that Alex was on his way and before he had walked out through the trees Jack had finished his food and drink and stood there waiting for him to appear.

Alex smiled in his toothy smile, during the attack he was severely wounded and lost a few of his teeth in the process. He threw his arms round Jack in a man-hug before punching his shoulder playfully "So what's the news then?" he smiled as it was obvious by Jacks smile he must have found his daughter. "She looks just like her mum" he beamed proudly "And she has bagged herself the Kelltoch Alpha" he grinned mischiefly knowing that Alex knew of this pack "Wow, so she will be alright then" he agreed nodding his head in realisation in what it also meant. If an Alpha mates Another Alpha then both lands could be joined together. This didn't directly affect the way the lands where ruled as both Alphas could still rule, but if his daughter wanted the title of Alpha and as she was a female and must join her mates pack, both lands would be ruled by them together. Alex just hoped that the Kelltoch Alpha didn't challenge Jack as he knew that it would be a tough fight but the other Alpha had age on his side.

"So did you speak to her?" Alex asked quietly knowing how long he had been searching for her "No" he sighed sagging his shoulders "She looked happy and that's all I can ask for, what would she think about me if I just showed up and introduced myself?" he smiled weekly knowing the chances of her welcoming him with open arms was very slim, even when it was done to save her life.

Jack spent the rest of the day taking care of pack affairs that could now demand his full attention, since seeing his daughter he felt at peace knowing he could now carry on his life without worrying what had become of her. That night he slept like a baby for the first time in years and felt happy. He thought about Diane and wondered if she was watching down on her from the spirit world, his heart ached but at least he now felt something. His heart had been closed off for the last eighteen years.