Chapter Thirty-three

Adelaide had never felt so sick in her whole life, the silver was slowly draining her energy and she knew that trying to shift was pointless as the silver prevented this. All she wanted to do was curl up and die. What a horrible dream she had...and why was she in her dream?

All she kept doing was thinking about how good it would be to have Connors strong protective arms around her again. She sighed; he didn't even know where she was. She put a finger round her neck to rub the mark the silver collar was making, it was agony but tugging at it just made it worse not to mention her fingers that were now numb from touching it.

No one had really told her why she was here, all she seen was some creepy man with long black greasy hair they called Raven, what sort of name was that anyway? Raven just came in normally to sneer at her; he said that her time would soon come to an end. She just wished he would get it over and done with; the thought of living out the rest of her life like this would be unbearable.

*******************

Sasha had just finished breakfast and although it was only lukewarm porridge and weekly diluted orange juice, it made her feel better once she finished it. The women who she had a run in with yesterday passed her a piece of a rather slimy orange which was hidden under her bowl. This was unexpected but although it smelled funny and didn't look appetizing, the sweet segment of fruit gave her an energy boost 'that's weird' she thought, her collar didn't feel quite so sore either. Sasha shrugged before trying for an update from Lucy.

Lucy must have still been sleeping, there was no response from her, and Sasha couldn't help but think the worst. "Lucy, Lucy wake up!" Sasha whispered as loud as she dared hoping the guards didn't hear her. Still no response 'oh my god! She's dead!' was all she could think. She remembered the guards habit of banging the doors, 'he must be checking that we are all still alive' she thought sighing deeply willing her tears to stay away. With all the silver burning through her body, even her tears stung.

"You called!" a small timid voice came from the other side of the wall, Sasha smiled widely instantly sitting down on the floor by the wall "I thought something had happened to you!" Sasha explained wiping a stray tear from her cheek. Lucy laughed, "Nah I am not that lucky" she replied sarcastically.

Lucy had nothing else to report; she felt no reason to seek out any information. As far as she was concerned, her life was over it was just a matter of time. Sasha tried to cheer her up but nothing she said made any difference. It was as if everyone in here had just given up, and she didn't want to give up without a fight. She wouldn't let anyone just kill her without at least trying to do something.

Lunchtime came and the woman came by with the food trays and as she reached Sasha's door, she saw the woman reach into her pocket and place another piece of orange on her tray "Shh don't tell anyone!" she said with a serious face before moving onto Lucy's door.

Sasha swallowed the orange and felt a soothing and revitalising sensation flow through her body. She had gathered that this woman was trying to help her, but had no idea why. She felt a bit more like herself as her energy levels rose after taking the fruit; maybe the vitamin C was counteracting the silver, if only she had paid more attention in school instead of flirting with the entire football team she cringed at her pathetic so called life.

Her collar was making her neck really itchy so out of frustration she couldn't take it any more so she tugged at it out of anger and got the shock of her life, she felt it come away in her hand. Her strength was no were near back to normal but it was still stronger than a human, this was getting weirder by the minute, who thought a couple of pieces of orange could be so powerful?

She stared at the collar that lay in her hand, it was making her hand numb the longer it sat in her hand so she let it go and felt better already. She had no reason as to why the old women wanted to help her but she must of known about the properties within the orange, 'but why me?' she thought and even her wolf had no suggestions, her wolf had been silenced by the silver collar. Just to hear her voice again made Sasha's moral hit the roof.