Chapter forty nine

Adelaide awoke with a sudden urge to throw up; she felt like crap 'how much did I drink last night?' she was sure that all the alcohol would be out of her system by now. She thought some more and realised that she has never had a hangover before, but right now wasn't the time to be thinking as she covered her mouth and ran off to the family bathroom.

Adelaide just sat motionless on the bathroom floor until she felt she was strong enough to stand up. She looked at her face in the bathroom mirror and noticed just how pale she looked. She rinsed her mouth with mouthwash before returning to the bedroom.

"You feel better?" Connor asked still lying in bed with his eyes shut. Adelaide looked at him with a confused look, she didn't use the en-suite toilet, she had ran down the hall to use the family bathroom, she felt silly that she couldn't handle her drink. She was sure he couldn't have heard her being sick. But truthfully she did feel better now. She smiled and told him she was ok now before slipping back into bed, she still needed sleep, after they got home at dawn Connor didn't let her get any sleep, they made love for hours before falling asleep in each others arms. She was sure they only slept for two hours 'maybe that's why I was sick?' she thought, it made sense.

Connor couldn't take it any more "Maybe there is another reason you are sick?" he said quietly waiting patiently for her answer. It didn't take long before the wheels in her head got to work and the answer popped into her head "I can't be!" she gasped "I don't know...we've done it enough!" Connor laughed deeply. Adelaide elbowed him in the side before a huge grin started to play on her face "You mean I could be pregnant!" she whispered subconsciously rubbing her nonexistent belly trying to picture a baby inside there 'our baby' she smiled.

That was it for Connor, no more sleeping, Adelaide wanted proof so he was sent out to buy pregnancy tests. What she didn't know was he had already bought them and stored them in the car. He fetched them and placed them on the kitchen work top before sticking the kettle on. Once Adelaide was finished getting ready she came down to the kitchen and immediately spotted the small box, she gave Connor a week smile before grabbing the box and ran back upstairs again.

She sat on the side of the bath just waiting for the result to appear, it seemed to take forever but sure enough two faint blue lines appeared confirming Connors claim. "Oh my god, I'm going to be a mum!" she squealed clapping her hands and jumping up and down. She ran back down the stairs waving the pregnancy test around like a fairy "I told you" Connor smirked as he stood there with his arms crossed looking very pleased with himself.

"Oh my god! What do I say to my parents? They are going to go nuts when they find out, I'm not even married" she said freaking out "Don't worry about that, I have a cunning plan" he grinned before explaining about having two ceremonies before she starts to show. "You knew I was pregnant didn't you" Adelaide growled angrily trying desperately not to shift in the kitchen "How dare you keep that from me, you seen how much alcohol I drank last night!" she hissed, she felt her body heat up and knew she was losing it but what possible reason could he have to keep something as important as this from her, what if all that drink caused abnormalities in the baby?

Connor stood there in shock as her eyes turned jet black and he noticed the unusual red flecks that only came when she was really pissed off, her body was shaking really badly, he knew there was a big possibility of her shifting inside the house.

Maybe he should have told her "I have a very good reason not to have told you" he said slowly making sure she heard him, she paced back and forth although her shaking wasn't as bad as it was but he knew that her changing hormones weren't helping the situation either. He had never seen her so angry, he would hate to see her really pissed off. "I wanted you to find out the same way as you would if you were human" he sighed not sure if she was even listening to him any more. "Really is that why you didn't tell me?" she said and when he looked into her eyes not only were they blue again but the were filled with tears. "Why did you let me drink so much if you knew?" she asked raising her eyebrow in disapproval. "Werewolves don't keep alcohol in their system long enough to do any harm, in fact it is burned off before it gets anywhere near the baby" he grinned just glad to be able to reason with her again.