Chapter Twelve

Connor had also slept like a baby that night and felt energised as he woke up around 10 o'clock that morning. He lay there wondering what if anything his mate had planned today, maybe she had time to think things through and didn't want to see him again 'not a chance!' his wolf huffed arrogantly which Connor agreed with. He had seen the way her body reacted to his presence because his was the same.

He finally pulled himself out of his warm bed and headed to the shower **Connor!** His dad shouted through the mind control **Colin requested a meeting with you this morning...are you alright?** his dad asked with a worrying tone. **Yes I am fine but something has arisen that will require your knowledge of the area, meet me at my office in an hour** Connor said using his Alpha tone which always crept through to reassertion himself against the former Alpha, it was a wolf thing not meant to disrespect his father.

Connor finished getting ready and sat waiting in his office Behind the ancient oak table that had been felled and carved from the mightiest tree in the forest as a gift for an Alpha that ruled decades ago and would still be here in it pride of place decades into the future he thought as he run his hand over the smooth surface 'How many decisions where made right here"

Connor heard the familiar footsteps that belonged to his dad, his stomach was tied in knots and his throat was dry as he was about to tell his dad the news he had been waiting for...he had found his mate!

His father came up to the office door and banged twice with his still powerful fist before entering the office and sitting opposite his old brown leather chair. "Yes son, what is it you need help with?" he spoke with his serious tone as he knew he was only summoned when there was trouble within the pack but this was very rare as he knew his son was a great leader, probably better than he had been.

"I have some news for you" Connor tried to stop a grin appearing on his face but failed miserably "Oh my god are you telling me you have finally found your mate!" he shouted clapping his hands in delight "Well...where is she?" he asked as he looked around the huge room causing Connor to roll his eyes "She's not in here, well...not even in this territory. That's what I need to speak to you about" he spoke a bit quieter now and after clearing his throat he explained "The truth is, she is living in the town...the human town, furthermore she was living as a human" Connor looked at the shock on his fathers face but carried on with the story "Don't worry I have brought her up to speed as she had been keeping her wolf traits a secret thinking she could hear voices in her head and she thought herself as some sort of freak" he sighed thinking about how difficult that must have been as a sixteen year old and not knowing what was happening to her, Connor frowned and saw the same look on his dads face.

"So what's the problem, don't both her parents know what she is?" he asked his son placing his hand on his arm for moral support "No she thinks her mother abandoned her as a baby and left her with her grandparents. But that would mean they would be the same as her but there is something else..." Connor paused to try to compose himself "She is powerful, I mean really powerful...more than both of us put together" he groaned resting his head on the desk waiting for his fathers response.

"And this matters why?" he laughed loudly "Are you thinking about your male pride?" he asked in a hushed tone causing Connor to smirk "No I was thinking about the mating ritual and asking the fathers permission" as he spoke he could see that his father now understood his worry "Well if she is as powerful as you say she is, her parents must both be of pure Alpha blood undiluted for at least the past 300 years which would put her in par with you. Has she always lived here?" he finished with a thoughtful look.

"I can't be sure but I will bet my last penny she was local to Scotland at least" Connor said hoping he was right or this could get very messy if he mates with the daughter to an even stronger Alpha and she had been promised to someone else.

"OK we will start there, there will only be a handful of Alpha's out there in the world that is in the same league as us but not any that I can think if that is stronger in Scotland as we hold that title for Scotland...I will check the records. Give me till tomorrow" he said before bowing his head in respect and left Connor with his thoughts.

What if he was wrong and she was hidden here in Scotland for a reason, if he was the strongest Alpha in this country she must be from somewhere else!

Connor glanced at his watch and realised he was late...very late!