Chapter Fifty-three

Peter and Mary had taken in everything around them so much better now they were here, Connor had brought round Colin and Sam with little Sofia who Mary went soft for. Peter was happy to talk to Connor and Colin about ranks and traditions while the girls were busy cooing over the baby. "So let me get this straight, you have special blood that allows you to lead people like the royal family?" Peter tried to make sense of everything "Sort of, although there are hundreds of packs in the UK mine and her dads run the biggest packs in Scotland" Connor replied as he watched his face fall. "So she has got really close to her real dad I guess" he sighed.

"He might be my biological father but your my dad" Adelaide smiled as she wrapped her arms round his neck "Nothing will ever change that" she finished before kissing his cheek. Suddenly a loud knock shattered the calm "Hello! Only me" Ryan called from the slightly open front door "I'd like you to meet Ryan our wedding planner, Ryan this is Mary and Peter, Adelaide's parents...human ones" he added as Ryan already knew Jack and Diane from years ago. He just smiled and placed a pile of fabric swatches on the table.

Adelaide's face lit up as she spied all the tartan and started flicking through the book, she finally stopped at her already chosen McLeod tartan and look up with a guilty look on her face "Oh that's a nice one, McLeod" she said reading out the name, "Why that one?" she asked before it clicked "Oh of course, it's nice though" she smiled awkwardly at Peter. "What's your last name?" Ryan asked cheerfully "Williams" she said with a frown, Ryan ran through the book, "Aha here we go, Williams is a deep red colour and Kelltoch was a dark purple colour. How about each father wear their own tartan and we pull both colours into the colour scheme?" he grinned and Adelaide now knew why he was so sought after.

They looked at lots of other books and now they had an idea of bridesmaids dresses and flowers as they now had the right colours to work from, and red and purple went really well together in a bouquet matched with a gold colour for the dresses. Next time he told them that he was taking them to a bridal boutique so she can start the hunt for her perfect dress, this made Marys eye fill up when Adelaide asked if she wanted to come and got the same response when she asked if Sam could be her maid of honour.

Adelaide loved that all the most important people in her life could meet at last and the stress of not having to plan two weddings was invigorating. All she wanted to do was lie down but there was so much more she wanted to share with her parents, but before she made any more plans Connor told her that they were having dinner at his parent's house.

It was late before they arrived at his parent's house and as they entered, the whole house was filled with the mouth-watering smell of roast beef and potatoes, Adelaide looked in horror as her stomach responded to the smell. It broke the tense atmosphere as his parents met hers for the first time; Adelaide knew it would have been difficult as his mum had been a good friend of her real mum.

They spoke about their choice of tartans and colours for dresses and flowers and Connors mum completely approved her future daughter in laws style. The only bad thing about both parents meeting was the inevitable baby stories and the things they had got up to growing up.

Mary and Peter went into hysterics when his mum told them about how Connor had a fascination for cars as a kid and his dad let him sit in the car and pretend to drive it when he was ten year old, he came to check up on him an hour later to find that Connor had dissembled the entire engine and placed all the parts neatly on the grass. Connor just sat at the table mumbling into his hands that covered his face "Just kill me now!" he groaned.

Adelaide made sure that she asked his mum to also accompany her on her search for her perfect wedding dress and once she stopped crying it was time to go home. Her parents would be staying overnight as it was too late to drive home tonight not to mention her parents drunk enough to sink a ship, Connor thought that they had forgotten that they were in the company of werewolves who didn't react the same to alcohol as humans.

Mary sat in the huge bedroom looking around at the grandeur around her, the four poster king-size bed with luxurious silk drapes and bedding, an en-suite to rival any five star hotels, and the beautiful dressing table that she was currently sitting at. She looked at her reflection in the ornate gold mirror that sat proudly on top of the large mahogany dressing table that matched the bed.

Peter had gone straight to bed a little worse for wear but she wasn't tired, the excitement she felt today made her feel ten years younger. She sat and just stared at her rosy cheeks no doubt from all the drink she had earlier but the portions of food that Connors mum made would have soaked up most of it.

Suddenly a strange noise startled her and she ran to the window and opened it, she heard the most magical sound ever, it sounded like wolves howling and she noticed the bright moon. She squinted her eyes trying to adjust her eyesight to the shadows that were slowly starting to come into focus. She gasped in awe as she seen a group of wolves in all sizes and colours sitting outside the house as if in wait. Moments later a huge black wolf emerged into view, it was so much bigger than the rest and was followed by a pure white one and then she realised that it was Connor and Adelaide and watched as they took lead and ran off into the trees followed by all the others.