Chapter thirty-five

Adelaide lay in her hospital bed staring at the white ceiling, she had lost track of how many days she had been here although it felt more like months instead of weeks. There was a lot of commotion this morning and Raven was stomping around like a bear with a sore head, apparently someone had escaped 'good for them, maybe they could get help' she thought to herself with a smile.

The door flew open and Raven with a few other men walked over to her bed "Looks like your time is nearly up!" he laughed in a sinister way and grabbed a handful of her hair making her whimper at the hot pain that shot through her scalp "Let's just hope he loves you enough and comes for you" he spat inches away from her face.

Adelaide was now to week to speak, the more she struggled the more they sedated her, she was now a shell of her former self. All she seemed able to do now was cry but silently and tearlessly as her body was now too dehydrated to produce any.

Her thoughts about Connor were getting fuzzier and fuzzier as if it was a distant memory, he didn't know where she was and her dad was dead. The sooner Raven figured this out the sooner he could kill her and get it over and done with. She had only recently found out about the girls that were captured in the hunt for her, but due to her power it was obvious straight away that she was the one they were looking for.

Now all those girls would more than likely be killed as well, how boring her life felt before meeting Connor, although she would go through all this again if she could just see him one more time.

Adelaide's hearing was the only one of her senses that seemed to be ok; she listened as two people laughed about how much fun they were going to have with the girls before they're killed. She felt sick to her stomach at some of the lewd comments they were making about some of them, she needed to get out of here and fast. If someone could escape without all the power she possessed then she certainly could.

She yanked at the chains with all her remaining strength but nothing happened apart from making a lot of noise. The door slammed against the wall "If you don't mind we are busy planning your funeral" he joked before she heard another laugh "Yeah, what song do you want...who let the dogs out?" he snickered. Her wolf wanted to rip his bloody throat out, 'if only' she thought.

She lay there aching head to toe from lying in the same place, her arm was purple from where the drip entered her veins, she heard a small creaking noise and waited for whatever abuse was yelled at her, she heard nothing until an older women tiptoed up to her "Time to change your drip" she smiled Adelaide cried out to her to stop but no sound came from her lips.

The women carried on taking her old drip down which was still nearly full, Adelaide found that a bit weird but thought nothing else of it. "Good luck, help will be here soon" she smiled before leaving the room quietly again.

She thought the women was mad, until about ten minutes later she managed to feel her fingers and toes again, slowly her energy levels started to return. Whatever the women gave her in her drip it was reversing the effects of the liquid silver. She gave the chains a quick tug and felt a little give in them, she took a big breath and pulled with everything she had, she felt the chains stretch and after a few pulls she felt a snap and noticed her left foot start to tingle. She pulled even harder and released her other foot. Now she put all her attention on her wrist straps, she tried pulling but nothing seemed to happen so she gave it a huge tug and felt relief as the chains fell apart.

She sat up and pulled the needle out of her arm, she knew time was short and Connor taught her that her wolf would help her recover from any injury quicker than in her human form, so she gave some control over to her wolf who after a frantic wait, shifted into her pure white wolf. Her wolf took a huge stretch before barging through the door, there was two men standing guard outside her door.

Before they had time to react her wolf had ripped a fatal chunk out of one of them then turned and done the same to the other man. Her fur was already stained red and the adrenaline was pumping through her body, she tried to reach Connor through mind connection and was surprised when he answered **Adelaide?** he came back in her head **Where are you?** he said his voice full of worry. **I'm fine, I managed to get free but not sure how long I can hold these people back for, I'm still in the building though** she answered truthfully spotting another guard aiming a gun at her head, she leaped in the air and before he had a chance to shoot, Adelaide grabbed his head in her jaw and twisted it quickly till she heard a snap. She stopped, that was her first real kill, and her wolf normally took over. She felt guilty but knew it was them or her.

**Sofia?** she heard another voice but didn't recognise it **I mean Adelaide, stay safe we are coming to get you** the man said. **Connor there is another man speaking to me and called me Sofia?**she asked Connor and heard a small chuckle **That would be your dad** he said with a more serious tone **Now listen to me, hide somewhere, and keep away from the dogs...I love you with all my heart and I am coming to get you!** Connor finished with a lump in his throat.

Her dad wow after all this time, he shows up, she was now very nervous. She knew the dogs were lethal but as long as she kept her cool she would be fine. Suddenly red lights flooded the corridor followed by an ear piecing alarm. This is not good, Adelaide bolted down the hall looking for an exit, and after a few dead ends she spotted a large window and jumped through it head first. Shards of glass embedded itself into her flesh and she felt a huge gash open up on her shoulder causing her to howl in pain, she didn't realise how high she was and landed badly on her front paw and she heard a snap. She limped on over to a clump of bushes and lay down and waited in the hope that help would come before she was inevitably found.