14th piece: Progression

Lost in You (Heuse Remix) by Cavaro can be heard in the link above. Play it to have the feels for this chapter. I hope you like it.

Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.

~ Victor Hugo

Caralei

I called Dad first saying that I'd go home first so I can cook dinner. He gave a positive response quickly at that. However, he contemplated when I told him that Montessoro will be having dinner with us.

"Dad, it's just dinner. I wanted to thank him for helping me." I smiled at his patriarchal character.

"Hmm. Where is he right now?" He asked and I shook my head.

"At the parking lot... Dad, don't tell me you don't want the man who helped us have dinner in our house?" I said and he just went silent. Oh Dad.

"Fine. Fine. He'll have dinner there. Sadly, I'll not be joining you two. I have another meeting. I'll be late but I'll eat there.' He spoke and I sighed.

"Please, don't overwork yourself Dad. You're old."

"I'm offended, my child." I chuckled at that.

"Okay then. I'll set aside a bowl or two. Good bye, Dad. I'll see you there."

"Goodbye, Cara. I'll be home before you know it."

"Don't be late." I said before I hung up. What is it with businessmen and working late at night? I shook my head at the thought before grabbing my coat and my handbag. Cheorgette was long gone and the janitors and guards were the only present people around the building. As I walked towards my car, I saw Montessoro leaning in his car which was parked in front of me. He quickly straightened himself the moment he saw me.

"Ready to go?" He asked in his usual bright character.

"Yes. Let's go." I said before I went inside my car. He did the same and he pulled out. His car was before me as we drove passed the busy streets. When the road was clear, I changed gear, signaled and overtook him. I heard him blow his horn three times in a playful manner making me chuckle. He let me go first, of course. He could have easily overtaken me again with the power of his sports car. I slowed down when we were reaching the house and he followed. I grabbed the garage's remote and pushed a button to open it. Then, we parked.

"This is a cool garage." Montessoro whistled looking around the garage like it was a toy he wanted to buy. I smiled at him as we walked towards the house.

"Thanks!"

"Really nice." He commented in a low voice. He went directly to the kitchen as I took my black high heels of and slipped into my comfortable flip flops. I sighed in relief.

"So, what do you want for dinner?" I asked as I entered the kitchen. He had pulled out a stool in front of the counter. He hummed like he was thinking what he wanted. I put my bag on the seat next to him then placed my coat on top of my bag.

"Don't make it too hard. You might pass out if you ever make me do something difficult to cook." He chuckled, running his hands through his curly hair.

"Just make one that you want to cook. I'll eat it as long as you make it." He said smirking and I chuckled. His eyes were sparkling in a playful way and the way he said it was like... was that a challenge?

"Are you challenging me?"

"Maybe." He smiled wickedly and I have to lean over the other side of the counter to steady myself from that evil act.