Day 63 - Favorite Childhood Books

I am so excited about tonight's post, so excited that I forgot that I was supposed to come and post it. I really didn't forget, I just wasn't feeling well. I ate something I shouldn't have, and my body revolted, oh well, here I am.

Today, we are talking about one of my favorite things BOOKS. We're not talking about just any books, NO, we're talking about the ones from my childhood. Oh the memories, they're just rushing back to me. Oh, I remember.

When I went to school, I couldn't wait for lunch, because I'd get to skip it and head over to the school library. I would borrow 2 books, take them home, I'd give one to my mom and I'd read one. When we were done, we'd switch, then we would sit down and talk about the books. We'd talk about what happened, how we felt, what we thought would happen at certain moments... It was just amazing. On weekend, I would take even more books home.

Looking back, I realize how hard it must have been for my mom to read all those children books which were at least 200 pages each. My best friend read the same books too and we talked about them just the same, but it meant even more to me that I was sharing them with my mom. It was like our way to bond, I didn’t have to pretend anything. I appreciate that, because I know now that she was busy, yet she always took the time to read the books. She took them with her to work, she took them everywhere. It was something we started when I was probably 6 and it kept going until now even.

Some of my favorite books were by Comtesse de Segur, I loved those books. I think my favorite, Les Malheurs de Sophie was turned into a cartoon. Most of these books were written for a particular audience. They were written for young girls from ages 7 and up. I learned so much from them, I learned manners, how to behave in certain places. They taught me compassion, respect and gave me a sense of adventure.

What are some of your favorite childhood books? Why?

Food For Thought.

To love God you must have an attitude of love. An attitude of receptivity and warmth and readiness to receive God's grace. An attitude of giving and generosity and not-holding-back to let God's grace flow through you and on into the world. You know you love God when you feel love flowing through you.

Be like a child...