Day 26 - A Gift From Your Family

Day 26 - A Gift From Your Family,

Family, this is the most precious gift one could ever have. I am not going to be long tonight, I am going to get straight to the point.

Picture 1

I have two sisters and I love them so much. However, there is a bond that I have with my youngest sister that I don't have with the younger sister. My youngest sister is my closest friend, I can tell her anything. I can be on the phone with her for hours and not have anything to say. I can call her and cry, she will always be there. I can also remember when she followed me around, or when she used to call me mom when she was 2. The first picture is a necklace that was given to me by my youngest sister. She went to NY for the summer of 2004 and I didn't go because I had to work. We talked often on the phone while she was there, I missed her. That was the very first time that we were away from each other for that long. She came back and she told me she brought me something. She gave me the necklace. I was happy at how thoughtful she was. She wasn't working and there was no way she could afford it, but she still got it for me. I imagined her saving her money throughout summer, just to get that necklace. I love it.

Having a sister is like having a best friend you can't get rid of.  You know whatever you do, they'll still be there.  ~Amy Li

Picture 2

You know these friends you have? The ones you know so much, you feel like there is no way you're not related. I have some of those friends, one in particular. She is my twin, we look nothing alike. We're different in so many ways and we both have major flaws, but she is MY twin. At least that's what we tell everyone, of course that earns us a stares, but we don't care. Well she is a bird -not really- but she is free spirited. She wants to travel, she's wants to have a tattoo under her foot, she's pretty out there. She loves birds, mostly owls, so whenever I get a chance, I get her something with an owl on it. She went to Paris last summer and before she left I gave her a bird (a keychain), she also got kiwi (my parrot). When she came back she brought me this necklace. It's a tree with a bird on it. The note that came with it said "... my twin, you're the sister I never had. I am a bird, but you are the tree that keeps me grounded..."

Even though we're not related by blood, she is one of the few people I wouldn't mind calling family. After all "Friends are the family you choose for yourself". I don't think I chose her, she chose me and so did her family.

Picture 3

It's both the necklaces from my actual sister and my adopted sister.

Today I got a card and pictures in the mail, I was so happy :D Thank you ColdFirePlace, you made my day...

Food For Thought

It's time to start living in the present. Letting go of the past is not easy, especially if you have wounds that have never properly healed. But, the past is past and living there may be preventing you from fully experiencing the present. Likewise fear of what may be looming around the corner can also prevent you from fully enjoying the present. Live in the moment and look forward to eternity with God, now that's a great present.