Day 29 - A Pretty Flower

Day 29 -  A Pretty Flower

You know when if finally decided that I wanted some children, I think I am going to ask God to give me a boy first. They are way too funny and clueless. This really has nothing to do to my post, but my day was just so fun, that I thought I'd share some of it with you.

So tonight is game night. In honor of the fun night that we have planned, we have decided that we will eat some junk food. No healthy food for tonight. So after a lot of arguing, a couple of tears, and an extremely dangerous rock paper scissors match, tacos won over burgers. Obviously am the one who is going to make the tacos, since we don't particularly want the house catching fire. I have all the ingredients ready and I make my tacos. It's about 5'oclock now, we're just waiting for one of the boys to get back from chess lessons.

I glance at my phone, disappointed that the battery is once again dying after minimum use. I run upstairs so I can get the phone charged. I promise that it couldn't have been more than 2 minutes when I hear someone screaming my name.

" Nine, I need your help"

"WHAT?"

"YOU HAVE TO HELP ME"  the voice scream again.

I bolt down the first flight of stairs "WHERE ARE YOU" I scream, because surely he is being attack by some sort of force and I need to rescue him. Maybe Aliens have finally taken over.

"I'm downstairs" he says, the alarm clear in his voice.

I fly through the other set of stairs down to the kitchen. I am baffled at the sight that greets me.There on the side he's pulling on the electric mixer with all his might. "Please help me I can't get it out"

"what?" I ask stupidly.

I help him get the mixer, but my eyes return to what had me baffled. The counter and the floor is covered in flour, 3 bags of chocolate chips lie open with chocolate chips everywhere. ALL available measuring cups litter the counter along with teaspoons and tablespoons. There is a big glass bowl with flour in it, 2 stick of butter randomly sitting on the floured counter.

"What happened here?"

"OH, I am making chocolate chip cookies" he says scrunching up his face as if this is the perfect explanation and I am stupid for not seeing that.

"BUT where is the recipe?"

"it's here" he shows it to me on the back of one of the chocolate chip bags, whilst scooping some chips in his mouth. "I need eggs, salt, vanilla..." he says just continuing his work

I stand in awe at both the mess and the 10 years old boy in front of me. I do NOT interfere with his cookie making, except for turning on the oven sticking the cookies in and taking them out.

The cookies were great. I also made him clean the mess.

Anyways that was so cute... My post calls for me to go take a picture of a pretty flower, it's winter. I can't find flowers unless I go to a store, and I didn't feel like going to a store. So the picture you're looking at is of flowers I received.

What are you favorite flowers? I love orchid, they're beautiful, exotic and delicate.They strangely make me think of how a girl should see herself. I get a lot of flowers, but no one has ever given me an orchid before.

Food For Thought

Everything will be alright. It may seem dark at the moment, but don't lose hope. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel, keep moving and you'll get there. God won't abandon you; let God be your light. It may take some time, but in the end, everything will be alright.