Day 16 - Something Embarrassing in Your Room

I don't have anything embarrassing in my room. I don't think I'd be ashamed of anything in here. It took me hours to find something, after those slow hours passed away, I realized there is something that I MIGHT be ashamed of. I don't know, yet since I have never told anyone about this, except a select few.

Behold... Magic:The Gathering Cards. So the cards in the picture are the most embarassing thing I own right now. The reason they are embarassing is, although they are for age 13+, no one plays this game unless you call yourself a dork, nerd or something like that. Mostly boys play the game  and they are usually really young or, the ones who are grown are usually the ones who play videogames all day in their parent's basememnt... BUT, I LOVE THE GAME... SO I play it.

I am going to give you a brief description of how it's played. First all the cards you're looking at, cost about $50. The game is played with one opponent or more, and to play you need a starter deck. Starter decks usually have about 60 cards. I have more than 60 cards on the floor. You see a box on the floor with 3 huge cards on top. These cards are my most powerful cards (they are called commanders) I don't play with them, because the kids I play with (yes I play with kids) they don't have commanders.

Below the box, we're going from left to right, we have a deck with a rubberband around it. That is the deck I play with. Then in the middle there are 5 cards called land or mana. Next to the lands there is another deck, which I go through when I want to update my playing deck. The first 3 on the left are called sorcery, the middle 3 are artifacts, and the following 3 are enchantments. Below, the first five are instant and the last ones are creatures.

Land/Mana help you summon everything. There is the green (Forest), white (Plains), black (Swamp), red (Mountain) and Blue (Island).

Creatures are what you summon to attack your opponent or their creatures. They all cost to summon them, you just have to have the land to bring them out and inflict damage. If the creature is a green, you need forest to summon it, it'll tell you how many you need.

Enchantments are sometimes used to equip your creatures (like giving them the power to regenerate) or they can cripple your target opponent (like their creatures can't attack or block any attack). Enchantment cost mana too.

Artifacts are like enchantments, except most of them are colorless. Meaning, you can summon them using any kind of land.

***The creatures, enchantments and artifacts, stay the whole game unless they get killed, then they go to the graveyard.

Sorcery can act as soon as you bring it out. It deals its damage then it dies. It goes to the graveyard.

Instant are like sorcery, except they can attack/defend even if it's not your turn, as long as you can pay the price. After their job is done, they go to the graveyard.

You draw 7 cards to begin, then you draw one each turn. You put ONE land down each turn, but you can put as many other cards as you want as long as you can pay for it. You attack, then it's the next person's turn. You start out with 20 lives, but if you get attack and no is blocking, you lose the amount of life equivalent to the damage dealt.

I love the game and I play on a regular basis. Even though I feel like I should find a new thing to play, seeing that I play with kids. In my defense I am learning how to play chess, when I master it, I MIGHT give Magic: the Gathering up.

I am tired so no food for thoughts tonight.