Day 34 - Something That Makes You Smile

Some things can't be captured in a picture, some of the things that make me smile for example. I love my job and although financially it might not be as rewarding as some other jobs, it IS rewarding to me in many ways. Like any other job, some days are rough, but most days are great.

The things I like most about my jobs are the things that people can't really see. For example, I like when one of the kids come up to me and tell me something like "I really like you" or maybe when I get double hugs for making pancakes and adding chocolate chips in them.

The picture you are looking at isn't what makes me smile, it's really the memory that brings a smile to my face every time. One of the boys I work with knows that I am trying to learn how to play Chess. They play and I WANT to play with them, so I want to learn it for them. Of course, he's only 8 and he tries his best to teach me, but I can't seem to get it through my thick skull.

On Fridays, he has library at school, so every Friday he goes to the library and he borrows books that he brings home for the weekend. So about a week ago, he came home and he is all excited "hey Nine, I went to the library today. I got you 2 Chess books to help you learn the game. If you need help tell me okay. Oh, and you don't have to rush because if you want I can renew them for you". A smile blossomed on my face and I ALMOST shed a tear. I held it together though.

I couldn't capture that moment in a picture, so I give you the closest I could. The books are children's book, but it doesn't matter, the thought made me ecstatic. He is 8, he could have gotten anything, but he got me 2 books so I can read.

That's that.

Food For Thought

At any moment, you can choose peace. You can choose inner peace, you can choose peace between friends, you can choose peace between enemies, and you can choose peace on the planet.