Chapter Twenty-six

Connor and Jack had found a blind spot in the CCTV thanks to Jake's knowledge and hacking skills, he managed to hack into the buildings security system. He could shut off the cameras remotely when needed. Connor gave him his laptop and through Jacks mind connection Jack could relay back to Jake what cameras to switch off.

This was a huge benefit as both packs could attack without being seen giving them the element of surprise. Adelaide would be their first priority, once they had located and rescued her; they could then find the other girls and break them out too. Sasha had insisted on coming along even though her mate Paul had tried desperately to change her mind. Paul knew that he could lose her forever if she went but understood her advantage, she had actually been there and knew the girls location.

All of Jacks men and Connors top fighters were pumped up and ready to attack to retrieve their Alpha female and the rest of the imprisoned girls. Due to the serum that only affected Jack's pack, they would be splitting into two teams. Jacks pack would go first as the dogs couldn't sense them and one of his members would stay with Connors team to keep in contact then Connor's team would follow becoming the decoy if needed.

They had marked out a route but it wasn't foolproof, if there were any patrols on the grounds that would be it. They would wait till it got dark as it gave them more cover. Right now was all about resting up and getting into the right piece of mind. Talking about piece, Connors mum and Sasha had been peeling and cutting up bags of oranges into segments and they have been soaking them in some sort of liquid that his mum refused to tell him what. The orange segments has been soaking all night and now his mum stood at the door with a bowl of slimy fruit "What the hell is that!" Connor frowned not liking the look or smell of it, she just smiled "Open up" she said as if she was talking to a kid and not a mighty Alpha, Connor looked at her as if she was mad.

She stood there tapping her foot until he gave in and opened his mouth, she dropped the fruit into his mouth and stood back, he chewed it choking at the foul taste, "I haven't time to make it taste good too!" his mum huffed looking rather offended. "What's the point of it?" he shrugged in confusement. "Do you remember Sasha talking about the oranges she was given?" Connor nodded "Well that is an ancient recipe passed down through the generations, every pack has there own variation" she smiled full of pride.

Connor still looked none the wiser until his mum pulled out a gun from her pocket and shot her son in the arm. "What the hell!" he shouted in shock as he felt the telltale pain that only came from a silver bullet, he looked at his mum in shock that she shot him, then looked at his throbbing arm, where there should be a bullet hole that would stay there until the bullet was removed, he noticed his body was already healing and pushing the compacted bullet out.

"You shot me!" he growled but inside he actually thought it was rather amusing. "The liquid is a mixture of secret herbs, plants and other things that when done properly will counteract the effects of the silver. That is what was given to Sasha, its normally soaked into oranges as it helps the taste if left long enough" she chuckled, "Only problem is, it only lasts for a short period, so we had to make a huge amount" she sighed.

Connor was still annoyed at being shot at and stuck his finger through the hole in his polo shirt. If this stopped the effect of the silver then it gave them a fighting chance. He gave the order to his mum to find a way of splitting the fruit between all the men; he then got up and went to find Jack to let him know about their anti silver snacks.

They all left in a bus that Connor hired from outside town, it was big enough to carry everyone and they would park it far enough away so not to alert anyone. They all boarded and set off not knowing if all of them if any would make it home. It was a long journey that just seemed to take forever, Connor felt so restless, in his head all he could picture was Adelaide smiling at him, and he longed to have her in his arms again.