Sloshed

[ Narrator ]

he then let out a folded paper from his pocket and showed it to her.

it was the DNA siblings examination result.

he handed it to jihyeong and let her unfold it herself.

he knows that it is the strongest proof he can give and at this point, she'll finally realize that seokjin's been telling the truth.

"No.. this can' t be.. th..this is fake.. we're not siblings.. w..we're not.." Jihyeong said to her mind while scanning the result paper and tears started to fall down.

Jihyeong crumpled the paper and tossed it in the sea. she runned away without even giving seokjin another glance.

Seokjin just watched her becoming more far from him.
..just then he saw her suddenly stopped at the distance.

her old red doll shoe, finally gave her life up.

poor jihyeong.

Seokjin then ran towards her and stared at her shoe in a great disgust.

"why did you even wore that?"

Jihyeong just stood there, sniffling and wiping her tears out.
Seokjin tried to look for a taxi for them but there was not a thing to see elsewhere.
the park was also silent, there are no people around except for them.

"take your shoes off and hop on my back." he said

"n..no thanks.. i can go myself." she replied

"liar. you can't." said seokjin, already positioning for a piggy-back ride, "go hop on. i'll take you back to your apartment.. don't worry, i'm too young to break my spine."

Jihyeong hopped on his back timidly, her tears are still visible from her eyes.
Seokjin took her old shoe and throwed them away.

"hey! why did yㅡ"

"Do you know how much money i spent for the dna test!? .. then you're just gonna toss it away!?"

"..i..i'm so sorry."

"don't ask me why i've thrown your shoes.."

Not as a revenge but because they cannot be worn anymore.. what's the point of keeping old, sole-less shoes over new ones?

...

6:00 pm

They were still strolling on the peaceful road within the beautiful sunset and under the autumn trees..

causing jihyeong to become drowsy, her head resting on seokjin's back and arms wrapped around his neck.

they spotted a caff along their way and decided to enter since they were both hungry.

what's inside suprised them. it wasn't a café at all.. it's a nitery.

it looked so decent and pleasant outside but it's really alive and wild inside.

"l..let's find another place to eat." said seokjin

"no it's okay.. we'll just buy foods and go.. and also you'll get tired.. i' m heavy, wasn't i?"

"not really. you're lighter than a stack of pringles."

Seokjin then went to the counter to order some foods, leaving Jihyeong alone in the table.

the orders took so long as many costumers were bundled up there.
when he finally got their foods, he went back to their table to catch jihyeong.