Gun fight... Or not? (Fem!Ger/Ita)

** -ShingekiNoAxis  requested some female Germany and Italy again. Thanks for the request! // THE ATTACKER IS NOT TURKEY! THEY ARE JUST WEARING A MASK! **

The two of them didn't know where Kiku was. Probably off looking at his special manga or something. He tended to do that a lot. And it wasn't like he could really help in this situation. He was about as muscular as Feliciano Vargas was. And that wasn't really a compliment.

So Kiku being with Louise and Feli probably wouldn't have made a difference.

Besides, it wasn't like it was Feli's fault! Honestly, if he could've done anything differently, then he would've. He was 100% in love with Louise Beilshmidt.

It all started during training...

"Lou! Lou!" Feliciano Vargas ran in literal circles around the aforementioned woman as they walked to training. "Lou! Lou! Lou--"

"WHAT." She turned to look sternly at the man. He flinched lightly.

"Um... I was going to say hi but now I'm not so sure about that so I dunno what to say..."

She just sighed and shook her head. "We have to keep walking."

"Where are we going, Lou?"

"We're going to train somewhere else today, Feli." She said patiently. Urgh, sometimes she really thought she was just too patient with him. But what could she say, she--

PFFT I MEAN ITS NOT LIKE SHE LOVED HIM OR ANYTHING WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT.

He was still chattering away harmlessly as they walked. Good for him. She didn't notice right away when he stopped talking...

"Louise!"

She whirled around, hand yanking out her gun. If anyone dared to hurt Feli then she'd-she'd kill them!

But... She looked around. Where even was he? She had heard him scream, and she knew he wouldn't joke about something like that so where--

"Lou...help..." He whimpered at her feet. She looked down and her face changed.

Quickly, she grabbed him and hauled him to his feet before he could get hurt. He would always be her first priority. The person who had attacked him shot to their feet, their face somehow looking furious despite a thick mask. Louise drew her gun, but...

The attacker lunged at her, carnal teeth bared. It sort of caught her by surprise. She thought they were a man by the weight, but she couldn't tell for sure, and that was the last thing she thought before she heard a deafening, terrible,

CRACK!

The attacker looked smug behind that mask, and Louise could hardly think. The masked person pushed Feli over too, before running away off into the wilderness surrounding them.

Silence.

Louise couldn't move her leg. She tried to sit up and grimaced. Right now she was glad she had a good poker face because Feli looked really scared.

"L-Lou?" He breathed, his voice sounding weird and welcome in the otherwise silence. "Are you okay...?"

"We have to go back." She said flatly. And she had to get up. Hey, she could do this -- she tried to heave herself up, but she cried out and he stopped her.

"No! You'll hurt yourself! Even more..." Louise could hear the sadness too, and she winced for a whole new reason. But for someone smaller and honestly weaker than her, he managed to lift her up, albeit a bit awkwardly.

But she knew he couldn't carry her.

"Lean on me," he said softly, and she didn't hesitate to do so.

And then they started the painstakingly long walk back to their camp. He let her lean heavily against her, and he walked slowly.

"Lou," Feli said finally. "I'm sorry you're hurt. It's my fault. I should've been more careful..."

"Kept you safe," she grunted, head down. She could feel his eyes on her curiously, and she didn't dare meet his eyes for fear of blushing. "Don't mind. Too much. Just don't do it again."

"I won't, bella!" He said cheerfully. And dammit, she knew what that meant in Italian. Did he want to make her blush? Probably. "I promise!"

Hm, let's see how long that lasts... "Danke," she said instead. And for some reason her heart warmed because of this.