Daddy, I Have Had to Kill You (GerIta): WW2/Nazi AU

** WW2 / Nazi AU. Warnings: period-typical homophobia; NAZIS / death camps (torture, starvation, etc.); multiple character death. Based very loosely off the poem "Daddy" by Sylvia Plath; and image made by me. Don't say I didn't warn you 😉 enjoy. Marcin = Slovakia. Lol happy Memorial Day too everyone! **

1.

The boy is young. He has auburn hair, cut neat and a little curly. His eyes are warm and brown. Tear stains are little rivers down his cheeks. He pulls his knees up to his chest, and listens to people he loves cry about his fate.

2. 

<< 6 months earlier >>

Feliciano Vargas wakes up slowly, heavy-lidded and sore-backed. Next to him, Ludwig Beilshmidt has an arm around his naked waist. His face is buried in the tender part of his neck.

Through the small window in the corner of the room, the sun rises grey, mixed with the ash in the sky.

Feli falls back asleep and when he wakes up again, Ludwig's gone. Just the ghost of a kiss to his head, an imprint on the pillow.

3.

Don't go outside. That was the biggest rule Ludwig had given him when he had come to live with him, in this lonely precious room. Not only could they have been caught and then killed, but... Ludwig didn't do a very nice job.

But Feli never questioned it. He's in love. And Lud protects him with his life. He cares about him, of course he does!

Feli has read all the books in the room -- at least twice. He's painted canvases, paper, the very walls. He's bored. And he walks up to the window and looks outside. The sky is still grey. It's always been grey for as long as he's been here.

4.

The air outside is fresh. He pulls his coat tighter around his slim figure, and tries not to mind the wind buffering him a little. It's a nice change.

The first thing he does is look around for Lud. He doesn't see him. With a soft sigh, he starts walking. Maybe that's for the best: he doesn't know what his reaction would be for him out like this. After all he just broke the only rule.

The buildings in front of him look different than the ones he had just been in. Curious, he approaches them.

5

There are many people inside the gates, but none of them look at Feliciano and they all look the same. All of them have empty lungs and grey heads.

All of them are dressed in striped outfits.

Feli is frightened. Contrary to popular belief, he's not in the slightest an idiot. He knows where he's been living for the past few months (the officers quarters of Treblinka I, the work camp in the middle of nowhere). But he lives with Ludwig. He's the best man he's ever met. Kind and stoic; he lost his virginity to him for gods sakes!

Surely...he doesn't...hurt people...even if they are rats and POWs...

He doesn't. Feli wouldn't believe it!

6

The boy is looking at him inside the gate.