Apples (Spamano)

They were going apple picking. Fucking apple picking. Who even does that anymore?! Naturally it was that bastard Antonio's idea. Why Lovino even listened to him was a mystery.

Antonio was always happy, always upbeat. Sometimes it got annoying. Fuck that, it was always annoying. And here Lovino was, shotgun in Toni's truck, listening to him ramble on and on about some dumb shit as they went fucking apple picking.

"This going to be so fun, mi amor!" the Spaniard chirped. "Have you ever done this before?"

"...no."

"Ah, you've been missing out then!" He smiled. "I used to go all the time with mi mama. It was so fun..." His voice trailed off, and Lovi glanced at him. But not because he was concerned for the idiot, pfft.

"You... uh, don't anymore?"

"Huh?" he blinked.

"You don't go with her, anymore?" Lovi repeated.

Toni smiled again, but this time he looked sad. "She... died last year, Lovino."

"Oh. Oh my god, I'm sorry."

"It's okay," Toni said simply. "But... I said this a bunch so you're probably sick of hearing me say it, but this was special to me. I want to do this with you, because you're special to me."

With the hand that wasn't holding the steering wheel, he gently took Lovi's hand, caressing it.

And Lovino wasn't ashamed to say that he might've been blushing. Just a little.