Please (DenNor): Zombie AU

** Prompt: DenNor, blood. Thank you to -Nyo-Denmark-  for the prompt! I regret nothing! // TW for character death. **

Matthias was an idiot. Lukas' idiot, yes, but an idiot all the same. He was always joking, always pissing Lukas off. Always trying to hug him. Never serious.

It was scary to see him serious. It was wrong. Terror looked wrong on Matthias' face.

"Please--" he choked out. "Lukie, you know you have to--please--"

Lukas stared at him, the gun in his hand trembling almost too much to hold. He stared at the zombie bite mark on his left leg. And he stared at his terrified, serious face.

"Lukas!" Matthias said, his voice cracking. "You have to kill me! Or else I'll hurt you! You have to! Please!"

"...I can't..." Lukas whispered. "I-I can't, Dane..."

Matthias grabbed his shoulders and pressed a kiss to his lips, leaving a weak trail of blood and saliva. "I love you, Lukas," he said softly.

Lukas knew what he had to do. "I-I love you too," he said hoarsely.

He didn't shoot him from behind. He looked into his eyes, dirty hands shaking, as he put him out of his misery.

Emil found him later curled up over the other man's body, unmoving. He had just killed the love of his life... But the undead were coming soon anyway. Soon they would all be gone.