Ludwig meets 2p!Italy (GerIta)

Ludwig woke up on a Saturday, at his usual time, which was around six am. He laid awake in his bed for a few minutes. The window was open a crack and he could hear birds chirping. And he heard his partner Feliciano's snoring gently.

With a soft sigh, he kissed the top of his partner's head. Ludwig got up and stretched, before pulling a t-shirt over his ripped chest (he was already wearing sweatpants).

"I'm going for a run." he whispered in Feli's ear, making the smaller man smile sleepily and stretch in the bed. "I'll be back in ten."

x-X-x

Feliciano Veneziano Vargas...

"Huh?" Feli said sleepily, opening his eyes. "Who's there?"

Why are you still in bed? Ludwig's already awake..

"I'm sleepy."

The voice laughed; it scared him.

You're stronger than that. You know deep down you're sick of the others pushing you around..

"What?" he frowned. "They don't push me around. They-they care for me."

The voice laughed again. You think they actually care for you?! The only reason they keep you around is because they pity you! They think you're pathetic, Feliciano Vargas.

"N-no." Feli whispered weakly. "You're wrong..."

I'm not. And you know it. Ludwig doesn't even love you. He's constantly annoyed by you, he's just too tired to actually say it.

A tear rolled down Feli's cheek and he squeezed his eyes shut, trying to block out the noise. "P-please..."

I'm right. But they're not. You're stronger than that, Feliciano. You're stronger than all of them. You need to show them--prove to them that you matter!

"What... but how...?"

The voice chuckled. Let me help you. I know you want me to. Just say the magic word, and all your problems will go away. Say please, and everything you want and need will happen. They'll never pity you again.

"How do you know..?"

Oh I know. Because I am you. The strong version of you.

"Do you know what's best for me, truly?" Feli said plainly, staring up at the cracked ceiling. The front door of the apartment opened and closed: Ludwig was home.

Yes. Yes I do! Hurry! If you don't say it now, your only chance will be lost!

"Feli, what would you like for breakfast..?" Ludwig called from the other room.

"Yes. I want your help. I want to be strong." Feli whispered, his expression slightly bitter. "Please."

x-X-x

Ludwig walked in the bedroom, his white-blonde hair ruffled from sweat. He looked down at Feli, who's eyes closed.

"I called you. Are you really still asleep?" Ludwig smiled very slightly and brushed a hand through the smaller man's auburn curls. He waited for him to squeak and smile that smile he fell in love with.

It never came.

"Luddy~" Feli sang softly. His voice was different, and his eyes were still oddly closed. "Do you loooove me~?"

"What?" he said, surprised, his eyebrows furrowed slightly. "Er, of course I do. What's this about?"

Feli smiled. "C'mere and let me kiss you then~"

Ludwig sighed and obediently bent to press his lips to Feli's. This was an odd mood, to say the least, but it was only a mood after all. Anyway, he should be used to Feli and his--

Instead of a kiss, he felt the cool, almost gentle sharpness of the very tip of a knife be pressed into his soft throat.

"W-w-what?!" he choked out, staring in shock at his beloved Feliciano. "What the hell are you doing, Feli?!"

"It's too late for poor little Feliciano, Luddy~" the thing that used to be his lover opened his eyes, and he saw that they were a deep, manic red. And he started to laugh, the knife still pressed against the German's throat. Horrible manic laughter.

Ludwig leapt on him, and since he was stronger and much more war-skilled he was able to do so without being hurt. He wrestled the knife from the demon's hands and panting, he held it over his face, about to kill the monster...

The red eyes flickered to a warm, familiar--now terrified--brown.

"Ludwig! Please, it's me! I'm so sorry, I don't know what I've done.. P-please don't kill me--!"

Ludwig stared down in horror at his lover, and he hesitated. He'd die before he ever hurt Feliciano. He could see Feli struggling to have control over the thing that was possessing him. It didn't matter: as long as Feli really was there, he couldn't hurt him.

He set down the knife.

The thing overpowered Feli and brown eyes changed to red again. The thing smiled an ugly terrifying smile.

"I was wrong," it said, its voice twisting Feli's. "It seems you're the weak one after all.."