The Camera isn't the Broken Thing (RoBul with Moldova)

**For a prompt that was originally usuk but would work better for these two. However I never ever wrote anything for them before so...sorry if it sucks... // Romania = Bram; Bulgaria = Aleck; Moldova = Andrei**

Aleck sat on his bedroom floor, fiddling with his camera. His back was starting to cramp from his spot against the floor, and his long legs were definitely numb because his little brother had fallen asleep on them about an hour ago. He'd pay for it tomorrow. And hell, Bram would laugh... Aleck groaned and rubbed the bridge of his nose, something he did when he was thinking.

But he got to take some stills of Andrei asleep, his bangs just wisps over his broad forehead and his long eyelashes fluttering... So he supposed it was worth it.

~~ 🕷 time skip 🕷 ~~

"All right, we're all getting in the picture." Aleck said, his hands on his hips and his sleeves rolled up. "It's special. I want one of my family together. One, Bram, that's all I ask."

Bram pushed back his long hair out of his face, his eyes shiny. "Okay okay, geez," he said easily. If Andrei wasn't leaning against the wall, arms crossed, the two of them would've kissed. "Don't get your little panties in a twist."

Aleck didn't seem that worthy of a response and instead just worked on setting his camera up on the timer. Bram popped his gum loudly.

"Do you need help, Big Brother?" Andrei asked softly.

"No, Drei, I'm all right..." He bit his lip and fiddled with the mini clock. When that didn't work, he frowned. What was going on with his thing...?

"Here, lemme just take it. You're taking too long. You have to go on your night shift anyway." Bram said quickly, grabbing the camera out of his hands.

"Be careful with it!"

"When am I ever not careful?" Bram grinned toothily. "Now get in there an' lemme take a totally adorable picture of you brothers."

Aleck sighed but finally resented, going to stand at Andrei's shoulder. They stood straight shouldered and serious,  Aleck's hand on Andrei's shoulder.

Bram grinned and crouched, before snapping a picture of the pair. Aleck grabbed the camera to look at it, skeptical as always, but his face softened.

"Not bad."

~~ 🕷 another time skip 🕷 ~~

It became obvious to Aleck that Bram soon avoided his picture being taken. In fact, at any cost.

The Bulgarian became curious about this, but he never said anything to his friend. He'd just laugh and deny it anyway. Besides, he came up with a plan.

Why was he so obsessed with taking Bram's picture, you're wondering? Well the truth was...he thought he was beautiful. Beautiful, with his small smirk and his twinkling eyes... Not that he'd ever say this either. Bram wouldn't let him live it down; and it wasn't proper.

So Aleck snuck his camera into their room one night and as silently as he could, he took the picture. He took it into his Dark Room down the hall. Aleck didn't want to admit it but he was sort of excited. Finally, he'd have a small keepsake of Bram to carry around with him, always...

But when the picture developed, no one was there.

"...I told you not to mess with all that, Aleck."

The Bulgarian jumped and turned quickly, squinting in the poor light. Bram stood in the doorway, his hands perched on his hips.

"Something's wrong with the camera," Aleck blurted out, sounding stupid. But a part in the back of his mind knew that wasn't true.

"It's not the camera," Bram continued, confirming what Aleck had just thought. "It's me that's broken."

Aleck stared at him, eyebrows furrowed. "You're not making any sense."

"You can't take any pictures of me, Allie," Bram said softly, for once scarily serious. "I don't have a reflection. I'm not an image."

"You're not--"

"Dammit, do I really have to say it?!" Bram snapped. "I... it sounds stupid, but you have to believe me--I'm a vampire, okay?"

And that was when Aleck fainted.