One True Love

Decimus and Ash had returned to their room after Ash had started to get a little upset. As he crawled into bed beside her, he wrapped his arm around her shoulders. Bringing her closer to him as she now curled up against his chest. Her bare legs curled up against his as he cuddled her. "Decimus, you know how much you mean to me, and how much I love you. It's just... Seeing him here today. And with Arcane. It made me wonder whether he really did go behind my back to be with her. It kinda hurts my heart to think that as I loved him, he loved another"
The elder tightened his arms around his love. "That man is nothing but a fool. When you take up a relationship, you are bound to one another for as long as it lasts. And you should not enter relations with another man or woman. If you are going to pass yourself around, then why take up a relationship at all? My dear, now that we are alone. Allow me to say this. As I placed the ring upon your finger, I promised to love you, and only you. Is that not why we wear the rings? Dmitri. Is not a man, Ash. He is a boy. And he has a lot to learn about love. A lot that I already know" As he spoke, he gently caressed her waist; feeling the softness of her skin. He was subtly flirting with her with the last part. But it was these small things that showed how much he loved her. It was so simple, yet Ash's heart began to race in her chest. "Look what you make my heart do. How you make me feel" she grabbed his hand gently, resting it on her chest so he could feel her heartbeat. "It races for you" she smiled, feeling Decimus move his hand back down to her waist, tugging her closer until her body was pressed against his. One of her legs resting atop his slightly.
With a smile, Decimus pressed a soft kiss to her lips. Passion and desire coursing through him. He had to find a way for them to leave the arena. Maybe the jousting was their way out. Just maybe. It was their ticket out. The arena could only keep her for so long. And she wasn't even in that many events now. As a jouster, she took turns with the other jousters. And having just competed, her next joust wouldn't be for a few weeks. There was another way, but what if it didn't result in them leaving? And what if they weren't ready?
Pushing the thoughts aside, Decimus continued to kiss Ash softly. He absent-mindedly tugged on the lace of her corset, but never went any further unless she wanted it and gave a signal for it. She ignored what he was doing, not seeming to care what he did, as she wrapped her arms around his neck gently.
It was moments like these that Dmitri never gave. Moments like these that Dmitri avoided. He often avoided Ash altogether at night. But Decimus wouldn't avoid his love, he would give her moments like this, and he would show her that he loved her. Both physically and verbally.

To some, love was complicated. But to Decimus, it appeared simple.
Loyal to the one you confess your love to. Honourable to her. Truthful and honest to her. Care for her. Show her you love her. Even in the simplest way, she will know she is loved.
It was all so simple to him. It was simple to love Ash. 
Deep down, he hated Dmitri for what he had done to her and how he had treated her.
But he'd treat her better. And he'd show her what it was like to be loved by a real man.

[Authors Note: You heard it here first! Dmitri is not a man, he's a boy! And I agree. Dmitri. Screw you! Decimus is literally the best guy ever <3]