Underestimated

Ash gritted her teeth as she stared down at the thick black mane of the Shire. She knew all too well that if she kicked off now, she could easily be thrown under the large hooves of the Shire. And that was far from desirable. When she finally looked up to see where they were going, her heart sank. The castle stood tall ahead of them, guards surrounding the entrance. Some with crossbows. Some with swords. All with eyes of fire as they watched the approaching Shire, General and Assassin. No way was she going in there.

Muttering under her breath, Ash gripped the Shire's mane, before giving him a sharp kick. Causing the Shire to rear, and in the process, unseating Decimus and sending him onto the ground behind the Shire and the Assassin rider. She merely smirked, shuffling back into the saddle and grabbing the reins in her handcuffed hands. "Underesitmating an Assassin is a mistake Decimus" she smirked, turning the Shire towards the bridge. The bridge would lead back into the city; it would pass through guard patrol routes, but no one would risk shooting their crossbows at Decimus' Shire unless they wanted to be used as target practice.

Decimus snarled his anger. Turning to see the Assassin taking off on his horse. He turned to the guards that remained at their posts, whilst others had ran after the Assassin. "Get on your horses and go after her!" he snarled. He watched as the men scattered. Some mounting their horses, others taking off on foot. No way would the Assassin get away now. Not with 9 mounted guards and 8 guards on foot after her. This was one person they didn't want on the streets.

As Ash urged the Shire forwards, she tried pulling off the handcuffs. They were just made of rope after all. Taking the reins in one hand, she tried tugging the ropes from her wrists. Wincing at the pain the action was causing. Damn the ropes were tight. The more she tugged at them, the tighter they became. Growling, she turned the Shire towards the fields once they'd passed over the bridge. The fields weren't hard to access, but to get to them, she would have to pass through several streets that would be heavily guarded by now. This would be an interesting few moments.