Going in Blind

The day after Ash and her brother met in the barracks, the pair were separated for training. With Ash being a prisoner of war under Decimus' posession, she had to be trained separately to her brother. This was to ensure that she recieved no help whatsoever from the others. They were her competition, and nothing more. To Decimus, Ash's brother was nothing but another competitor that he wanted Ash to fight, and kill. Getting her to kill him though was a whole other issue.

As Decimus bound Ash's wrists and dragged her towards the private training yard, he said nothing to her. Not a single word. Not even a glance was given to her. As he shoved her into the yard, he finally spoke. "Don't get to close to your brother again. He's your opponent. Not your friend. Not your family. Opponent. And that is all that you will think of him as from now on. Am I understood?"

Ash felt her heart sink. She was going to be fighting her brother. "I... I can't fight my brother" she murmured, reluctant to look up at Decimus as she spoke. She knew all too well that talking back to a general was like asking to be killed there and then.

Annoyed and angry, Decimus left the bindings on Ash's wrists, dragging her back to the barracks. "Just for that, you can go in blind in tomorrows event. Your brother is trained to fight like a Gladiator, and you are not. And he won't hold back either. So you're going to have one hell of a fight tomorrow" he growled, yanking hard on her wrists. Earning a cry from her.

Maybe talking back to him wasn't the smartest thing to have done.

[Authors note: Apologies for the lack of updates. The past few days have been hard, and I don't really want to talk about it on here. And I've also had no motivation to update this, so again, I apologise. I'll try and update more often]