Bruised

Cassius called off training for the rest of the day. Tensions between Ash and Caeser had escalated far too much. And if they were given a second of a chance, they would probably impale each other on the lances. The elder kept a firm grip on Ash's arms as they walked back to the benchs where her armour had previously been set out. "You are going to be bruised under the armour. I hope you realise that. And if anything hurts, you need to tell me. Now let's get this armour off of you" Right as he was about to undo one of the leather straps at her shoulder, Ash swatted his hand away. "Let Decimus do it" The action wasn't received well, as the elder grabbed the leather strap once more. "Swat my hand away again, Assassina. And you will see how I do punishments. Now let me get this armour off of you" he snapped, undoing the straps at her shoulders now. Continuing until all the armour was off and all that was left were her boots, jodhpurs and hooded shirt. "We train again tomorrow. Same time. Same horse. Same armour. Different attitude. Sleep on it, Assassina. Get a clear head. And leave the aggression in the barracks tomorrow, yes?" he said, watching as she stood with a slight limp. "Yes Sir" He waved her off once she had replied, turning his back to deal with the horse.
Ash felt the same sharp pains in her neck that she had felt after her fall. The pain in her head was no better. As she returned to Decimus, his eyes trailed over her body. Different clothing, for one. And she was bruised and bloody. Her facial expression was tired, and pained. Without a word, Decimus moved over to her, pulling her into a hug against his chest. He just hugged her for a moment before asking; "How was training?" He lightly touched the cut on her head. Feeling her flinch away. "Caeser really does not like me, Decimus. I unhorsed him, and he got very angry at me. Dragged me from my horse. Then he unhorsed me. Twice. The first time, it wasn't too bad, I mean. It hurt my neck. But not badly. The second time hurt more. Dazed me a little. He also hit me in the head with his lance on one of the passes. Then. He confronted me whilst I was on the ground and he was on his mount. He kicked me in the chest. The armour took most of the force. But I felt it. I haven't looked to see if there's a bruise or not. I don't think I want to look" she murmured. Directing her eyes downwards.
Decimus felt a spike of anger pass through him at what Ash was saying. This Caesar guy thought he could get away with what he'd done? It might have been during a joust. But kicking her in the chest wasn't jousting. And as for the headshot. It was uncalled for. Be it an accident or not.
The elder sighed softly. "Come, my dear. Allow me to check your wounds. And if you will, allow me to check that your chest is not bruised"
Decimus led Ash gently to their room. They now shared a room as it gave them more comfort. She sat on the edge of the bed, her eyes still directed downwards as Decimus lifted her shirt. And sure enough, a bruise was the result of the kick. The purple, yellow tinge of the wound stood out against her pale skin. Frowning slightly, Decimus touched the bruise lightly. "There is a bruise where he hit you" he murmured softly, resting his hand over the mark. His touch was gentle, and very much welcome. Especially after taking a metal foot to the chest.
When Ash whimpered at the thought of the bruise, Decimus moved to sit beside her on the bed. Keeping his hand on the bruise gently, whilst his other arm wrapped around her protectively. His hand was warm, which was a bonus really. It was more appealing than the coldness of the arena, and the armour. With a sniff, Ash rested her head against Decimus, just trying to think of what would happen tomorrow during training if Cassius allowed her to go up against Caeser again.

Or allowed Caeser to go up against her again.