Chapter 56 No words

"Who did this to you?" Seyong asked after Mi Young had calmed down.

"It's complicated...," She muttered.

"Mi Young, can't you at least tell me what happened these days? Jebal..," Seyong begged as he wanted to know what happened.

Mi Young took a deep breath and told him to do anything rash. He promised and she started to tell what happened. Along the way, his face slowly changed from calm to shocked to furious expression. He clenched his fist and gritted his teeth. Mi Young did not even finish her story when she felt Seyong got up from her bed and stopped him by grabbing his hand and reminded him,"Seyong, didn't you promise me not to do anything rash?"

When he heard that, he let go of his clenched fist and took a deep breath. He then turned to face her and said,"He did this to you...didn't he?"

"..Bwoh..?" She looked alarmed.

"It couldn't be Baekhyun..and you know who I was talking about," Seyong sounded serious.

"...I..I don't know what you are talking about," Mi Young tried to avoid eye contact with him.

Seyong brought her face closer to his and said a familiar name,"Luhan."

Her heart stopped beating for a while. Seyong knew that he was right and muttered,"I knew it..ever since he came for Chuseok."

"What do you mean?" She questioned him.

"His odd behaviour whenever meat is around. And I saw his true nature when I was walking past his room during Chuseok night," Seyong told her everything he saw.

"So..you knew about Luhan this whole time..?" Mi Young swallowed hard.

He nodded and asked,"Mi Young, why didn't you tell me about this? Ever since you left, I couldn't stop thinking about your safety. See how happened now."

"It was an accident, Seyong. I'll just have to wait for an eye donor to get my eyesight back," Mi Young stayed positive.

"When? In 5 years' time? You know this donor will take forever. You could be blind forever! I tell you what..let's just get out of here and go back to our hometown," Seyong grabbed her hand and was about to pulled her to the door but she didn't budge.

"No. I want to stay," Mi Young refused to go with him.

"Mi Young. After what he did to you, you still want to live here? Are you INSANE?!" Seyong blurted out angrily.

"Yes! I'm insane! I'm INSANE BECAUSE I WANT TO STAY BY HIS SIDE!" Mi Young accidentally shouted to him for the very first time which made him surprised.

"...Stay..by his side..?..," Seyong frowned and continued,"..You..'ve fallen for him..don't you..?"

She bit her upper lip and kept quiet. Seyong just gave a deep sigh in frustration. He then let go of her hand and went back to his room. Mi Young felt his steps rushing out and mumbled,"I'm sorry..Seyong ah.."

In his room, Seyong lied on his bed, still thinking of Mi Young. While Mi Young closed her eyes, still hoping that she will regain her eyesights and all of these that had happened were just a dream.

The following days, Seyong did not talk to her as he was still upset which made her guilty. She asked the housekeeper for help on where he was. The housekeeper brought her to where Seyong was sitting and she quietly walked towards him. Before she could say anything, Seyong had noticed her presence and said without turning to face her,"I'm going back tomorrow."

"....Are..you..-," She was about to ask him when he cut her sentence off,"Don't worry. I won't tell your parents about what happened to you."

He got up and walked past her. She just stood there, feeling the awkward cold air surrounding the both of them. She looked down, feeling saddened at how cold he was towards her.

=======

The very next day, she walked straight to his room and knocked on his door to said goodbye to him at the very least. After a few knocks, she decided to walk in and called out his name but there was no answer. She touched the things around the room and found a recorder on the table which was meant for her. She put the earpiece on and listened to the recorder. It started out as a long silence but after a while there's a deep sigh.

"...Mi Young..I'm leaving tonight. And I just want to say I'm sorry if I am giving you the cold shoulder after you know..what happened last few nights..I was just worried about you..I just thought that you might be in more danger if you still stay here in Seoul. I..don't want to lose you..I..love you, Mi Young ah..And I am not just saying as a cousin...But..more than that. We've been friends since young and over time...I kept this feeling from you because I'm scared that it will ruin our relationship that we currently have. Do you still remember White Day in high school? Well..that was my very first confession towards you but I think you didn't get what I was trying to convey through those things. Still, I will continue to love you...but..as..a cousin."

Upon listening the recorder, Mi Young's heart started to beat rapidly at his confession. She then remembered the memories she had with Seyong. At that point of time, she can clearly remembered the time she received her favourite flower and a handmade necklace during White Day in high school. She did not realize that those were the start of his love confession. She lightly facepalmed and muttered his name.

======

Just then, she heard the front door opened and familiar voices. She quickly put the recorder inside her pocket and walked towards the living room. She hid her blind stick and wore her sunglasses to hide her blindness from them. She walked down the stairs naturally and greeted them happily.

"Mi Young~!" Chanyeol rushed towards her and embraced her tightly.

"You got back fast," She did not expect them to be here.

"Wae? You didn't like it? I thought you will be bored without us, so we decided to finish the first tour fast before continuing the second tour. But seeing how unhappy you look, I guess we should continue our next tour," Chanyeol said while pretending to be sad.

"Yah~I didn't mean it that way," Mi Young lightly slapped his arm.

Chanyeol then lightly chuckled and said,"I know. I was just joking~"

"Mi Young ah, why didn't you tell us about what happened that day?" Suho asked her suddenly as soon as he entered the dorm.

"..About what?" Mi Young pretended to not know anything.

"That you lost your vision because of Ara," Tao said.

"H..How did you guys know?" She stuttered.

"I told them. They got curious and knew something was amiss," Baekhyun reported.

"Mi Young, you should have told us. We could have helped. Did you not consider us as friends?" Sehun looked disappointed.

"I don't want you guys to be worried while you're on tour," Mi Young told them.

"So the one who was in your house right now, wasn't you but that witch?" Xiumin sounded detest at mentioning Ara.

Mi Young just kept quiet. Chen noticed the tension and went to change topic, "Mi Young ah, did someone came in here while we're gone?"

"Oh..Seyong's here for a few days," She told them.

"He's here?" Kai said.

"He's here to visit me," She said to them while Chanyeol helping her walking towards the sofa to sit down.

"And..he knows about what happened to you, am I right?" Baekhyun said.

She nodded and D.O interrupted their conversation,"He's not so happy about that, isn't he?"

She nodded again. Kris then said,"He won't tell your parents about this right?"

"I hope he won't. I don't want to have them worried about me..," She sounded worried.

"I'm sure he won't. Don't worry," Lay assured her.

"Mi Young ah, can I talk with you in private for a moment?" Baekhyun asked.

Mi Young gave a nod and Baekhyun led her to studio room.