Chapter 53 Kai and Luhan

A few days later, Mi Young woke up and went to freshen up to get ready for physio therapy. A delicious smell of breakfast wafted through the air and she followed the smell with her wheelchair. As she approached the kitchen carefully, she heard laughters and wondered if Baekhyun was there.

"Hyun ah, you're here?" Mi Young asked.

Baekhyun turned around and sounded elated to see her.

"Mi Young ah, you're awake! Here. Have some breakfast made specially for you and Halmeoni," Baekhyun placed the waffles on the table and after that helped her pushed the wheelchair to the dining room.

"What are you doing here? Aren't you busy with the tour preparation this weekend?" Mi Young reminded him.

Baekhyun's face changed but put on pokerface and said,"No worries. I've already practiced many times for the concert. I'm just taking a break for 1 or 2 days before continuing my dance practice. Besides, today I want to accompany you to your therapy."

Then he looked at the table to see if there's anything missing. He then went back to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle each of honey and maple syrup. While he went into the kitchen, Halmeoni Park helped her with the waffles.

"Mi Young ah, your friend is really a good guy. Always make time to take care of you. Friend like him is really rare. You should cherish him a lot," Halmeoni said to her with soft tone.

She understood and gave a small smile. Baekhyun then sat beside her and helped her with the fork and knife. After breakfast, Baekhyun brought her to the hospital and waited for their turn to be called. While waiting, Baekhyun got a call from Suho and she overheard their conversation.

"..I'll be there tonight. I've got something to take care of," Baekhyun said through the call.

"Better hurry as we have a new cheorography we need to learn for our concert. By the way, what is so important that you need to bail us out?" Suho asked.

"...Um..Just..some family matters..," Baekhyun made some story.

Just then, Mi Young's name was called up which made Baekhyun slightly panicked. He quickly hanged up and turned to her. He was about to push her to the treatment room when he heard someone called his name. Both Mi Young and Baekhyun looked forward. Baekhyun suddenly stumped when he saw Luhan and Kai looking at the both of them. While Luhan and Kai approached them, Mi Young asked,"Is that...Luhan..?"

"Ah..yeah..And he brought Kai along..," Baekhyun said.

Mi Young quickly covered half of her face with the scraf that she had been wearing around her neck and covered the top part of her face with the cap she's been using.

Once they reached where they were, Luhan and Kai looked down to where Mi Young was and Kai asked him,"Dugu?"

"Umm..she..she's my cousin. She just flown here yesterday to get her treatment so I'm helping her out..," Baekhyun lied.

"Oh..hi. I'm Kai and this is Luhan," Kai reached out his hand to shake her hand, not knowing that it was Mi Young.

Mi Young did not react as she did not know he wanted to shake her hand. She just gave a nod and Baekhyun tried to recover the situation and said,"Uh..we gotta go. Going to be late for her treatment. I'll see you guys during practice tonight."

Both Baekhyun and Mi Young rushed off when her name was being called again to let her know that she had not arrive for the treatment room. When her name was being called, both Kai and Luhan turned back and quickened their feet to stand in front of them.

Without hesitation, Kai uncovered her face and both of them were shocked to see Mi Young on a wheelchair.

========

In the treatment room, Mi Young was doing her therapy with the help of the nurse and doctor while the three of them watched her by their seats.

"Hyung, what happened to her?" Kai asked.

Baekhyun just kept quiet and Luhan said,"Is...it because of the drug..?"

"...Drug..?" Kai was now more confused and turned to Luhan and back to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun just kept silent and Kai felt frustrated and turned to Luhan and asked for explanation. Luhan began to tell him about the kidnapping and Ara.

"What?!" Kai sounded surprised and Luhan covered his mouth.

Kai put away his hand and asked softly,"So you mean to say the one in the house right now is Ara and not Mi Young?! How...and why?"

"It's my fault..I..shouldn't have involve her..," Luhan felt regretted.

"Yes. You should be," Baekhyun finally voiced out.

Kai looked at Baekhyun and this was the first time he saw the angry look on his face.

"You shouldn't have involve her. What have she done to you to deserve this?" Baekhyun scowled.

"I'm really sorry..I didn't mean for all this to happen..," Luhan apologised.

"Apology did not going to make her legs and eyes better," Baekhyun accidentally blurted out the eyes part out of anger.

"Eyes..?" Kai repeated.

Baekhyun realised what he said and stumped.

"Did..something happen to her eyes too aside from her paraylsed legs?" Kai sounded concern.

"You shouldn't know more. I think you guys should head back and I need some help. Can you please not tell the members about this?" Baekhyun asked a favor.

"We won't unless you tell us about her eyes," Kai negotiated.

Baekhyun felt stressed out and looked towards Mi Young who was working hard on her treatment.

He then bit his lip and told them,"She lost her sight. But for the time being we're waiting for eye donors."

Luhan's and Kai's heart stopped beating after hearing that especially Luhan. Upon seeing Luhan's guilty face, Baekhyun then said something with a sigh,"Luhan hyung..she..did not blame you for this. And I'm sorry if I raised my voice. I'm just frustrated that's all..She once said to me that things happen and sometimes we need to accept what happened to us. But she told me that she did not want anyone to know about this. So please don't tell anyone okay?"

Kai and Luhan looked at each other and nodded. Luhan then placed his hand on his shoulder and said,"Whatever it is, update me and Kai if there's anything we can do to help."

"Yes hyung," Kai gave a reassuring smile.

"Thanks guys," Baekhyun felt relieved that all that was out of his chest.