Chapter 52 ❤ Distraction

Finally, Mi Young was able to discharge. Baekhyun helped her into her wheelchair.

"Hyun ah...did you do what I asked for last night..?" Mi Young asked.

"Yeah...but are you sure you're okay in staying in that house..? Why don't I live with you for -," Baekhyun said worriedly but she interrupted him and said,"...I don't want to trouble you. Besides there's a grandmother living there. I'm sure she can help me for the time being."

Baekhyun did not say anything and just brought her to the grandmother's place as requested. Once they arrived the place, the grandmother who was known as Halmeoni Park had been waiting for her arrival. Baekhyun waved to her and she stood up, walking towards Mi Young and felt saddened by what happened to her.

"Mi Young ah, what happened to you..?" Halmeoni Park felt sympathized towards her.

"...I'm okay now..halmeoni..," Mi Young stayed calm although she was depressed.

Just then, Baekhyun received a call from his manager and took the call. As soon as he hung up, Mi Young said,"Hyun ah, if there's something you need to do, you can go."

"It's okay. That can wait. Let's get you insid-," Baekhyun was about to push her wheelchair when she said in higher tone without realizing,"Hyun ah, Halmeoni can take it from here. If you need to go, just go."

Baekhyun was surprised by her tone and muttered,"Mi Young ah.."

Halmeoni Park who noticed the tension, quickly recover the situation and said,"She's right, Baekhyun shii. I can take it from here. Don't worry. I'll take good care of her."

After that, Halmeoni Park urged him to leave quietly and pushed Mi Young to her house. Baekhyun just watched them walking off and sighed a little.

=====

During EXO showcase, Baekhyun was easily distracted and kept messing up his moves as he kept thinking of Mi Young. Suho as well as the rest of the members noticed him acting strange. After the showcase ended, Suho sat across Baekhyun who was resting his head on the sofa.

"Yah, gwenchana?" Suho asked Baekhyun.

"....Gwenchana...," Baekhyun gave a deep sigh.

"Chincha? But you don't like that you're okay," Kris joined in.

"I'm...okay...hyung..," Baekhyun sighed again.

"Guys, let's sleep over to Mi Young's house today. I kinda miss her cooking," Chanyeol said while thinking of Mi Young's dishes.

Upon hearing that, Baekhyun quickly sat up and said loudly,"NO!"

Everyone who was in the room turned to Baekhyun which he realized he seemed to be overdoing.

"No...? Wae?" Kai asked him, curiously.

"...Uh..because...because..she's not at home today. Ya..she's not at home. So we shouldn't trouble or rush her," Baekhyun made some excuses.

"But I just called her before our showcase started. She said she's at home the whole day," Chanyeol told him.

"Maybe you misheard it. She was at home only in the afternoon. She called me back to say that she won't be home till tomorrow. She has...something to take care of," Luhan lied to cover for Baekhyun.

"Chincha?" Chanyeol sounded disappointed after hearing that.

"Chanyeol hyung, why don't we go party in a club tonight? I heard that there is a new club around this area," Sehun suggested while wriggling his eyebrows.

"Sure," Chanyeol answered.

"Yesh! Party tonight!" Sehun and Tao high-fived each other.

While the rest were busy packing their things, Luhan approached Baekhyun and asked quietly,"Baekhyun ah, how was she? Is she okay?"

Baekhyun did not answer and pretended not to hear him. Luhan tried again and asked,"Baekhyun ah, how-."

"Stop asking! She's NOT okay you hear me?!?!" Now this is the second time he shouted which made everyone frowned at his wierd attitude.

"Baekhyun ah, are you really okay?" D.O approached him.

"Yeah..are you sure you're okay? You've been acting strange today," Chen asked.

"Whose the 'she'?" Tao asked Baekhyun.

"Is it Mi Young? Is she hurt?" Lay began to panic as soon as it was related to Mi Young.

Baekhyun who had been keeping his anger inside, had tried to hide it so that the others won't know the situation. Baekhyun felt that it was all Luhan's fault for hurting Mi Young. If only she did not meet Luhan, these things won't happen!

"I'm going out to take some fresh air..," Baekhyun went out after he's done.

"Luhan ah, is he really okay?" Xiumin asked Luhan worriedly.

Luhan just shrugged and watched Baekhyun exit the room. The rest of the members looked dumfounded after Baekhyun left the room.

=====

Meanwhile, Baekhyun walked to the nearest park and sat on the empty bench. He looked up to the sky and closed his eyes after that, thinking what might her parents will feel after knowing what happened to Mi Young especially her cousin, Seyong. He felt frustrated at the thought of that but at the same time thinking of solution to have her recover from all of these.

=====

Soon it was getting dark. Baekhyun received a call from Chanyeol but did not pick it up. Instead he left a text saying that he has no mood to party and will be at home resting.

However, Baekhyun walked to different route which led to where Mi Young temporarily lived. He knocked on the door and Halmeoni Park opened the door.

"Baekhyun shii, are you here visiting Mi Young?" She asked.

"Ye..Halmeoni..Is she around?" Baekhyun asked.

"She is. Come in," Halmeoni invited him inside and led him to the living room and after that went into the kitchen to prepare a drink and snack for him.

Baekhyun approached Mi Young and sat down on the sofa nearest to her. Mi Young did not notice someone came by to see her as she was focused on the songs in headphones while looking forward. Baekhyun watched her till Halmeoni Park came in with drinks and snacks.

"Mi Young ah, your friend, Baekhyun came by to see you," Halmeoni Park said.

"Kere? Hyun ah, you're here?" Mi Young put down her headphones and turned to Baekhyun.

"Uh..ye..how are you feeling?" Baekhyun asked.

"Good...Guess what. I got a call that I am getting physio therapy starting next week to have my feet back up again. Isn't that great news?" Mi Young sounded elated.

Baekhyun nodded and gave a brief answer. Through that answer, she could tell he's not happy with something.

"Hyun ah, gwenchanayo?" Mi Young asked.

Baekhyun did not answer and suddenly tears started to fall down. His sniffled shocked her and she panicked,"Hyun ah, waeyo? Did the showcase you guys perform done badly?"

"Mi Young ah...mianhae..Mianhae... Mi Young ah," Baekhyun apologised multiple times due to his negligence to take care of her.

Mi Young stumped by his apology and knew that he was blaming himself for not taking her well. She approached him with her wheelchair and embraced him tightly while saying,"It's not your fault. We didn't ask for this to happen..Everything will be okay..trust me. Besides I'll be taking some therapy so I'll be walking again within a few months."

"But..but..your sight..," Baekhyun sniffled.

She paused for a very long time and cleared her throat and stayed positive,"It's not that bad. I'm just going blind till we find an eye donor and I'm sure there is, right Halmeoni?"

Halmeoni who was already in tears, cleared her throat and said in a calm tone,"Yes..I'm sure there will be eye donor soon."

After hearing that, Baekhyun hugged her tightly and cried under her hug.