match day💙

Days passed by in bliss and it was finally match day. The day entire country was waiting for, might I add the entire World.

Mahi was in his hotel room cleaning his kit one more time cause of his excitement, he didn't want to admit but he was just as excited as his kids and kiddos.

He was Snapped out of his thoughts when someone knocked on the door and he instantly knew it was none of his kids.

"Come in"

Dada walked inside with something in his hands hidden beneath a red cloth.

"Dada? Aap yha?" Mahi said as he stood up to greet his dada. Dada sat beside him on the ground as he took off the red cloth while saying.

"This means so much to me Mahiya. I know that you're a strong person but I know what happened over the past years have left an impact on you. I hope this will heal some of it" Dada said smiling as he took of the red cloth completely only to reveal Mahi's first ever Indian team Jersey.

How does he know that it was his first? Well he had asked Dada to sign his jersey.

"Dada? Where did you find this? I thought Yuvi lost it?" Mahi asked astonished.

"Had to pull a lot of strings to retrieve it back in 2019. I thought I do gift you this as your World Cup gift but.. " Dada sighed as he forwarded the Jersey to Mahi.

"You kept it all this time?" "For My kid!"

Dada hugged Mahi who was beginning to get emotional.

Meanwhile-

It was a festival in the hotel room they were staying at in Chennai. People gathered outside to see there champions after an eternity.

People of all age group but the majority was ofcourse the adults who watched cricket for this team💙

In the lounge, Gracy was Busy making posters with Ziva, Sammy and Vamu.

Tushar and Raghav were also helping them, "Wo wale poster Mai thoda blue or add Karo!!" Gracy yelled out orders to others.

Tushar was only on the duty of making portraits which was mind you time taking but it was rather beautiful.

"You know Angad likes to paint too" Ziva said distracting him from his portrait. "Really?" Tushar said hiding his smile. All of them were dressed in India's blue jersey with no Jersey number.

Aariv who was attached to Ziva with a baby carrier was dressed too.

"Everyone set?" Gracy yelled holding a banner with all of them in one frame.

"Yeah!!" They all cheered.

The team, Mahi being the Captain of the squad came out of the hotel room only to be bombarded with fans. True ICT fans.

Holding posters and yelling there names. A little girl came forward and asked for autograph from Rishu who smiled and did what was asked.

The team got in the team bus for one last time, Mahi took the last seat as always. Ro and Jaddu sat together as the the ride to the stadium was filled with people blocking the roads waving at them.

"Welcome to the legendary match of Past Vs Future!" Ravi Shastri's voice booked out in the Chepauk Stadium as people started to fill in.

The whole stadium felt like it was painted Blue💙

The stadium was bleeding blue.

Orion Keech Singh, the Captain of the present team walked out with confidence lacing his each and every step.

People, mostly girls screaming his name as he walked out for toss. No doubt he got his looks from his father.

The next Mahi walked off the dressing room as he came to the toss with a huge smile plastered on his face wearing hai first ever Jersey.

"The Jersey looks familiar doesn't it Saurav?" Sachin Pa said with a teasing smile making Dada smile as well.

The stadium was shouting like anything, Ravi Shastri smiled seeing Mahi who hugged him.

"And now for the toss!!"

Mahi spinned the coin as Ori said-"Heads!"

Well Mahi won the toss!

"We'll like to bowl first" Mahi said as Ori laughed shaking hands with him.

In the VIP box, everyone sat with there hearts leaping with excitement and happiness.

Ziva and Gracy were both jumping like kids in fair and beside them were there boyfriends holding banners of there father in law's apparently.

Sammy and Vamu stood at the other side of the duo were also holding banners. And then at aisle behind them sat there mums and Chachi's.

Aariv was sitting in Tushar's lap, in dew time he had found the soldier the most intriguing out of all the boys making Tushar a lot more smug to Ori.

"Come on Chachu!!!! Clean bold my boyfie!!!!!" Sammy cheered as the first ball of the over was given to Bumrah.

"Come on Zora!! Hit a six!!" Sanjana yelled with a large smile as Sammy gasped at her making her laugh.

Zora at the strike with his team mate. Mahi behind the stumps with Ro on the slip and Vi on the third man.

Just like old times.

Jassi surprised Zora by throwing a bouncer at the first ball making the other's laugh as Tushar said to Ziva-"Ye bdla nikaal rhe hai! Achha hua Mai nhi hu field pe"

"Relax Tushar! You're overacting! Jassi Chachu is an angel!" Ziva shrugged him off earning a look of dis-belief.

At the field-

"Come on Jass!!" Shikhi said as Zora huffed in dis-belief.

Jassi bowled another bouncer but this time Zora pulled it and it went for a four.

Ritsy and Nush cheered loudly at that as the girls winced. "I'll kill him!!!" Sammy said with a huff.

"Calm down Sammy. It's alright" Ziva said with a chuckle. "No it's not!!!"

Bumrah gave an impressed nod before he took his run up, Zora Dodged the perfectly bowled Yorker and took a run.

His teammate, took the strike. The next two balls were dot balls but at the end of his over, Bumrah bowled a perfect Yorker and it hit the stumps. Out!!

The VIP box roared with the kids cheers. Sammy was jumping on her seat as she clapped and cheered for her favourite Chachu.

Just don't tell Vi.. 🤭

Ziva-"Kar baitha bhool wo (Tushar). Le aaya fool wo.. " (wanting bare minimum)

Meanwhile, Vi and Yuvi-"Usse kaho jaaye chaand leke aaye.. "