Ch54: I Wonder

I've gathered everyone who's anyone within Iron Blood in the Reichstag's main hall. Everyone, from the regional government officials to those of the central government, even those from the research facilities are present. All KANSEN are also here with significant representation from the military also present. If there was ever a time to try and decapitate our Empire's leadership in one fell swoop, this is it, and yet security has never been tighter.

As I enter the room, Rupprecht and Friedrich flanking me on either side with Jean and the other guards not already inside the room following close behind, the entire hall stands and salutes. They remain at attention until I've taken my seat on my throne and motioned for them to sit.

Within the hall, guards line the walls on all sides with additional guards on guard at the entrance and throughout the entire Reichstag building complex. Outside the building and surrounding the grounds, detachments from the army maintain vigilant watch of both air and land, aided by SIREN who remain undetectable to the naked eye but likewise keep guard.

I'd already explained to Jean and the other KANSEN what was happening regarding the SIREN so they shouldn't start a fight when Alpha and her crew eventually show up but even still, I figured it best to address everyone beforehand. 

Me: As you are likely aware by now, we've signed a peace treaty with the Northern Parliament thus ending our fight with them once more. I'm sure many of you are questioning why we didn't continue pushing our advantage until we claimed all their lands but...

I gesture for Bismarck to bring up the holographic display in the meantime as I continue explaining things.

Me: Simply put, a much greater threat has arisen.

With the map now on full display for all to see, I direct their attention towards it before continuing.

Me: What you are about to witness is not to leave this room. 

Before any questions can be asked, the video begins playing. It shows not just the arrival of a new threat but battles that were previously fought by other forces against these creatures and the devastation they wrought.

 It shows not just the arrival of a new threat but battles that were previously fought by other forces against these creatures and the devastation they wrought

Me: Here we are presented with a recording of a patrol spotting an unidentified object and closing in to investigate further.