Ch28: Sakura Treaty

Eagle Union Primary Atlantic Naval Base - Norfolk

Enterprise's POV:

I watch as Iron Blood's aircraft lands at the expanded airbase in Norfolk. I wondered why they had to make the runway both wider and longer when our planes never required it but as the plane slows down, it's easy to see why. To think Iron Blood could develop something like this! They must be light years ahead of us in technological research!

The other girls with me and even our government officials and members from the military are equally as stunned and as their fighters buzz overhead, it's clear why peace was the only real option we ever had

The other girls with me and even our government officials and members from the military are equally as stunned and as their fighters buzz overhead, it's clear why peace was the only real option we ever had. I wonder how they ever got them to fly this far...

Washington: Remember, Enterprise, this is for the good of the people. Try not to act rashly.

Me: I...

I want to promise that I won't. I mean, I've promised my sister as much and we'd had a long talk about why it is necessary but I find the words impossible to say. I can't just watch them take away my sister from me!

Me: I don't think I can-

Washington: We've already been through this. Even if we were to keep Yorktown, she can't receive the help she needs in Eagle Union. We simply don't have the technology to repair such critical damage to her core. 

Me: But-

Washington: If anyone has the technology, it is Iron Blood. Besides, the Empress doesn't seem like the one to needlessly torture one of our kind so at most she'll be kept on house arrest. There's nothing for you to worry about.

Me: I-

My words catch in my mouth as I see Vestal stepping off their plane, only it isn't Vestal. If her alternate appearance wasn't enough today as much then the fact that both the Iron Blood KANSEN and soldiers are taking orders from her certainly do.

Me: What the hell is this?

Washington: She's the one who'll be taking Yorktown.

I watch as they unload a specialised capsule and rush it into the building housing Yorktown. I am tempted to go and see what they're doing but Washington doesn't give me the chance to do so, seemingly calling on every Eagle Union girl to stand between me and my goal. 

Sighing, I refocus on the plane and soon enough they come out. Even from a distance, I can see Yorktown inside. Her eyes are closed but I can tell she isn't dead and that grants me some small comfort.

Washington: Come, this'll be your last chance at saying goodbye.

Me: What about Hornet?

Washington: Hornet already did so.

Me: Wha-

Washington: Come along.