Ch9: New Assignments

It has been a few days since we officially moved to annex the Royal Navy and, in all honesty, things have again gone better than I could have hoped. Whether because I'm fortunate enough to have gathered the world's most competent supporting staff for my government or by some higher design, we've succeeded in peacefully taking over most of the Royal Navy without any significant resistance. The only major loss came from their Asian holdings but given how far away from us they are we couldn't have held them even if we tried so that's a problem for future me. Indeed, far more pressing matters abound.

Roselyn: Everyone has gathered as requested, mein Kaiserin.

Me: I'll leave the political side of things in your most capable hands.

Roselyn laughs as she takes the documents outlining my plans for said sector but before she leaves, she turns back to face me.

Roselyn: You'll still need to come by.

Me: I will...after we're done here.

She nods before doing a small salute and stepping through the door. With her gone, only KANSEN remain in the hall. Everyone from Iron Blood is here. In fact, the only ones not present are the girls from the Sardegna Empire who were permitted to return home. They themselves will have some work to do in the Meditteranean given we've almost fully secured its waters with the capture of Gibraltar when we gained the Royal Navy. However, I can already tell that we'll need to help them.

Sigh

I still can't tell whether it would be better to simply annex them or let them continue playing the semi-independent role.

Me: I trust everyone has had time to get to know each other, yes?

Everyone nods in agreement. They all seem eager to hear my plans for the future but before all that we absolutely must organise our navy. It is utter chaos right now with everyone doing what they feel like doing unless told otherwise. It works...somehow, but it is only a matter of time before it causes major problems. 

Currently, our navy comprises a good amount of ships. In fact, we might just have the largest single-nation navy in the world. Of course, if Azur Lane were to pool their resources together they'd still have slightly more ships than us but that shouldn't be too big an issue at present. After all, they cannot afford to deploy all their ships against us. That'd leave their Pacific flank exposed while we can afford to deploy all our forces in the Pacific given they have no other method of reaching us at present.

Quite convenient now that I think about it.

Current Iron Blood Naval Forces

22 Aircraft Carriers
26 Battleships
9 Battlecruisers
2 Large Cruisers
26 Heavy Cruisers
46 Light Cruisers
53 Destroyers
3 Monitor Ships
12 Submarines

The few girls unaccounted for from the Royal Navy forces amount to:

3 Aircraft Carriers (Illustrious, Unicorn and Hermes)
2 Battleship (Nelson and Rodney)
3 Light Cruisers (Jamaica, Sheffield and Edinburgh)
5 Destroyers (Javelin, Janus, Icarus, Comet and Foxhound)

We've already confirmed that they have joined up with those breakaway nations in Asia but given the distance between us and the fact that they can't afford to leave those lands undefended to attack us, we don't see them as much of a threat at present. However, their three carriers will need to be addressed at some point.

Me: For your assignments, they'll be pretty simple. You're expected to stick to them unless reassigned.

Everyone nods in understanding as we reach the first thing on the list, those who will guard me.

Azur Lane: Kaiserin (Book 2)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें