Ch24: Winterbreak

Yet another year is drawing to a close. It's Winter again and I've brought the girls north for the winter holidays. I briefly considered spending the time in Leningrad but I'm sure if I go there it'll only end up being for more work so to Finland it is! Well, to be more specific, Scandinavia as a whole as we seek to party the snow away!

The others have been fairly welcoming of VestalM, probably due to her "unique" personality which only further proves she isn't the Vestal we're used to. I guess they must've just gotten used to me adding more to my "harem" as they've come to call it. 

A few suspect she might be a spy but to be honest, it isn't like we have anything to hide from Eagle Union. We've been quite open about most things, even our special projects as our jet aircraft have even flown over their cities in the past. 

Now though, none of that matters as everyone is here to do one thing and one thing only, have fun. 

Graf Spee: I know that look. What are you planning now?

Me: Hmmm?

Graf Spee: I won't impose but do try to take her advice and relax

Graf Spee: I won't impose but do try to take her advice and relax. We can all see the creases forming-

Me: Yes, yes. Now go along before I change my mind and send you to join the girls on patrol.

She laughs before running to join the others. As I watch her leave, I feel hands wrap around me from behind and for a second I think it's Ulrich or even Roon...I couldn't be further from the truth.

Rupprecht: Mother, what are you up to?

Me: Hmmm?

Rupprecht: You're just standing by yourself. Why not come join us in the hot tub?

Me: I-

I don't think my brain could handle that level of excitement right now.

Me: I'll go to check up on the patrol first.

Rupprecht: Must you truly?

Me: It's important too. I promise I'll rest after-

Rupprecht: I'll hold you to that.

She kisses me on the cheek before running in the general direction Graf Spee only moments prior went. After she vanishes from sight, I make my way back through the gates and out into the freezing cold night. 

It takes a while to find them but eventually, I come across Kiev and her partner for the night.