Ch48: Humans Never Change (2)

I am seated on my throne, the entirety of the Reichstag gathered before me. On my left stands my mother, Friedrich and on my right, my daughter, Rupprecht. Behind us, most of the KANSEN that form my Imperial Guard position themselves in a line stretching across the length of our end of the massive hall. Along the walls, guards from the Sensenmänner stand, overseeing the activities.

The room is deathly silent, the gravity of the situation written on everyone's face though I have no idea why they are so worried

Today, I am not the one to begin the discussions. No one was notified of this, however, so as Roselyn makes her way to the centre of the room to the podium erected there many people begin muttering to one another but the minute she begins speaking the room falls silent once more.

Roselyn: Your Imperial Majesty, Your Highness, Members of the Reichstag...good afternoon.

All: Good afternoon.

Roselyn: As you've all likely been made aware by now, the Northern Parliament has begun gearing up for war and is nearing the completion of such preparations. As of one hour ago, our agents have confirmed that they've amassed over seven million men on the border. 

All around the room, people begin conversing with the nearest person. However, Roselyn doesn't try to calm them down, continuing with her speech as if they didn't exist.

Roselyn: They have not declared war but there has also been no official statement from them or their allies in Azur Lane regarding our inquiries on the matter. As such, it is safe to say they are likely about to launch an all-out attack.

The room goes raucous with noise as panic begins setting in. Roselyn holds up her hand and they quickly simmer down though not without a few grumblings still occurring here and there throughout the room.

Rep: Miss Roselyn-

Roselyn: Yes, Greta?

The woman stands, turning on her mic before addressing the room. She introduces herself to those who might not know her though I'm not sure how anyone wouldn't know her given her position as she's the Minister of Foreign Affairs within the Central Government.

Greta: I feel there's something to add.

Roselyn: Go ahead.

Greta: While we haven't received an official declaration of war, my contacts in the Northern Parliament have repeatedly stated that they have heard nothing regarding a potential attack and have been told this is purely part of a large-scale military exercise.