Ch50: Northern Shenanigans (1)

Akagi's POV:

August: Akagi...do you like me?

The question catches me off guard. Even though she'd just teased me, claiming that I might be falling for her, I never expected it and as she stares into my eyes I find myself looking away...embarrassed.

August: Akagi...

She lifts my chin with her finger before gently directing my head until I'm once again looking her in the eye. She's smiling, her eyes almost playful as she draws closer.

August: Are you not going to answer my question?

Me: I-

The words stop in my throat, fear gripping me over what she'd think if I were to tell her the truth. Would she accept my feelings or is this just a game for her? Would she push me away?

Before I can decide, a knock pulls our attention to the room door. August scowls, rising from bed. My eyes trace every inch of skin as she gets dressed, taking great care to linger at opportune moments but the rate of knocking increases breaking the immersion.

Still, once she gets dressed she doesn't make for the door. Instead, she walks over to the bed, where I'm still lying down watching her every move.

August: Did you enjoy the show?

Me: I-

August: You must have given the way you were ogling me.

Between her words, the thoughts still reeling through my head after watching her get dressed and the demeaning way she now looks down on me

Between her words, the thoughts still reeling through my head after watching her get dressed and the demeaning way she now looks down on me...the little composure I had left vanishes and I find myself reaching for her long before my actions register within my mind.

August: Oh? Are you not satisfied?

I open my mouth but the door to our room suddenly opens, revealing someone completely unexpected. I'd expected the intruder to be Jean of one of the other Imperial Guards, all of whom seem rather fanatic about protecting her but-

Me: Kaga? What are you-

Kaga: Sister, you're okay!

August steps out of the way as she rushes in, throwing herself at me. I barely catch a glimpse of a hand pulling the door closed, leaving us alone, before Kaga begins crying.

Me: Now, now-

Kaga: I...I thought I lost you.

<->

August's POV:

Those two sure are close, aren't they? I can't help but smile to myself as I walk through the halls of the resort, keeping myself relatively occupied by taking in the sights. Perhaps it's due to this that I stumble across a room whose door isn't quite closed.