Ch49: LimeLight

I can't explain it. Ever since I came to this world, I've found myself in countless situations between me and other girls. I've thoroughly enjoyed every one of these encounters and yet, none has made me feel like this. Is this what they call love? It's different from what I felt for Zhejiang...but...it feels nice. 

For our "date" I brought us north but not to the extent that it'd be freezingly cold. Perhaps thanks to this, we're on a boat ride back towards the pier after traversing one of the local region's river tours.

Me: If I were to ask you to stay, would you?

Akagi: Your Majesty...I...you know I can't-

Me: Not even if-

I'm interrupted as the boat reaches the pier. The staff are quick to help us out, during which I take the time to thank them before Akagi and I continue our walk.

Me: Where'd you like to go next?

Akagi: So far, we've done things I wanted to do...what would you like?

If I were to respond to that you might end things right here, thinking that's all I'm interested in. Haha...I'm starting to be more and more like Agir now, aren't I?

Me: Hmm...

Akagi: How's this?

Me: Huh?

Akagi: How about we return to the resort and I give you a show?

Me: A show?

She smiles, not responding with words, as she takes my hand in hers and begins steering us towards the resort. The moment we're there, she dismisses the rest of the staff for the evening, the only ones remaining being the Imperial Guards who remain outside.

Akagi: Now I finally have you all to myself.

Me: Haven't you had me all day?

Akagi: Not with so many guards and spectators watching our every move.

Me: Oh?

Truth be told, I'd been so caught up in my thoughts and simply enjoying the day's events that I hadn't really noticed whether we'd drawn a crowd or not.

Sighing, I'm about to apologise when she kisses me on the cheek. Surprised, I turn to face her but she's gone, having already reached the bar and begun pouring us two glasses of champagne.

Akagi: Cheers.