Ch41: Hello China!

She vanishes from view just as explosions begin rocking the beach. After ensuring we're fully dressed, we both rush outside to find SIREN attacking from the sea. They are so close to land that I'm left wondering how they were ever capable of getting this close without being detected but I can think about that later...for now-

Me: We need to drive them away from the city t lower casualties.

Akagi: Look! 

She points off in the distance where the others that had come on this trip are busy alternating between firing at the approaching enemy and helping civilians flee the beach. So far, there haven't been many casualties due to their efforts but if we can't push them back quickly then it'll only be a matter of time.

Deciding to leave the civilians in their hands, Akagi and I charge out to sea, launching fighters which quickly gain control of the skies before having our naval bombers begin attack runs on all vessels. At the same time, I have my main guns open fire, decimating their front lines but even as the first ships are sunken, more take their place.

Me: Is this the gam she was referring to?

Akagi: Ignore her and just-

Akagi's voice is cut off as she is forced to dodge an incoming strike, barely missing her by inches. Her sudden movement causes her to crash into me but I manage to keep us both upright by wrapping my hands around her waist and using my weight as a counterbalance to keep us steady.

Despite the battle raging around us, for a brief moment, the world seems to stop as we stare into each other's eyes. I'm tempted to lean forward and kiss her but the moment is shattered by the feeling of something plunging through my stomach. 

Shock is the only thing I feel as we both look down to see a tentacle pulling itself out leaving a hole through both Akagi and me. Behind Akagi, Alpha shows herself again. She's laughing hysterically but I barely give her any attention, refocusing on Akagi even as we both slump to the ground.

Blood runs from her lips, her eyes filled with fear. My own body feels cold...too cold. There is no pain. There is no suffering. There's only a void...it terrifies me and yet when I see the look on Akagi's face my only thought is of her. I need to comfort her.

Leaning in, I press my lips to hers, using my last breath to tell her everything's okay before everything fades to black.

...

...

...

...

The sound of rushing water fills my ears before being replaced by the sound of an explosion as my body is propelled up into the air. Just as quickly, however, I feel myself land on something hard but oddly familiar. 

Opening my eyes reveal I'm on the back of my dragon.

Parseval: You're alive!

My eyes widen in shock.

Me: You...you're alive!!

Parseval laughs, even as I wrap my arms around its large neck as we continue circling around my carrier which emerges from beneath the waves shortly after I do. We're so caught up in greeting each other as long-lost friends that I don't even notice there's someone on my carrier's deck until Parseval asks who the unconscious chick is.

Landing, I rush over to find Akagi who begins waking up the minute I pull her into my arms.

Akagi: Wh...what happened? Where are we? Are we dead?

Me: I don't think so. As for where we are-

I'm cut off by the sound of a jet thundering overhead. Parseval wisely retreats into me but I'm more caught up with the type of jet that just flew overhead. It was a J-20 which means...