Ch21: July 4th

It is nighttime in Brest as we all gather. The girls that had been damaged in Eagle Union's failed attack have already been repaired and are resting with the others as they all await my public address. National media outlets have all gathered. I know my words will carry weight.

Prior to my speech, I'd been updated on the depth of the situation. From our spies abroad, we learn that though they'd found out about the attack they weren't able to relay the message in time due to failures within our own structure. Simply put, the people feared interrupting my vacation more than they did the possibility of an attack so when the news reached Berlin they delayed on relaying it to me or the commanders at the Naval Base in Brest on the off chance that this might turn on to be false intel.

I considered punishing them severely but I have a feeling that would only make them even more terrified of me in the future so I merely administered a stern warning before telling them to pass all such intel to Roselyn or Clarissa in the future. Regardless of what I'm doing, I at least know those two won't hesitate to report to me if needed.

Within the same report, I also learned that the attack was to occur so as to boost morale during the following day's celebration. I'm at a loss for why tomorrow would be a significant thing for Eagle Union until Roselyn points out it is July 4. A devilish grin crosses my face as I make my way to the podium.

Me: People of Iron Blood, we have tried to be peaceful with Eagle Union but it is now clear to us all that they'll accept nothing but our total defeat. As such, I have nothing to say following these attacks but a warning to our enemies. Resist if you must but your efforts will be futile. Our tolerance of your continued existence has expired. Your end will be swift, if not painless.

With that, I step away from the podium. Much to my surprise, the roar of the gathered crowd is deafening. As I make my way back inside the Naval Base I use a specialised KANSEN radio frequency to relay my commands to our entire fleet.

Me: [All KANSEN are to report to the launch platform immediately and prepare for launch. All Brest Navy personnel are to report to their designated ships and prepare for departure. Note that this mission is highly classified. Primary Targets, Eagle Union's Atlantic Fleet headquarters at the naval base in Norfolk and their primary drydocks in Newport. Secondary targets consist of all other drydock facilities on the East Coast.]

All at once, everyone rushes to carry out my orders. Girls who manage to get to the launch platforms first are immediately propelled out to sea at high speeds. Unsurprisingly, our entire KANSEN formation is launched before the first Navy vessel manages to leave the port. 

Still, it isn't long before the fleet has gathered and is underway. Support vessels are also launched to help the destroyers complete the roundtrip journey and back while we KANSENs all rest onboard my deployed Aircraft Carrier.

Everyone was assuming that I'd want to take overall command of the fleet but I fully understand that while we've won our battles so far, it has not necessarily been because of my ability to lead but rather the capabilities of those around me. As such, I hand over the command to our most experienced admiral who "humbly" accepts the task. Being from Brest, he personally has a grudge to settle.

The trip is a lot quicker than I was expecting, with the entirety of our fleet managing to arrive within 100 miles of Eagle Union's coast. The admiral chooses to stop our carriers here, having all Air Wings take to the skies. 

Thousands of planes roar to life as they take off, forming up before heading off to their designated targets. At the same time, the rest of the fleet with the exception of a few destroyers for carrier escort, continues on towards both Norfolk and Newport. Both aren't far from each other so it won't prove a hindrance to split our forces. Furthermore, I'm certain most of the enemy's girls will be busy getting repaired or otherwise enjoying the celebrations so there's no reason for us to fear an ambush.

My assessment proves correct, as our aircraft arrive first and begin levelling the base with impunity. Not even a single anti-air gun is fired letting me know that the enemy has been caught completely unawares. As such, I have my airwing deviate a bit and begin bombing the celebrations themselves. 

A few of my fastest fighters hastily make their way north where they manage to to topple the Statue of Liberty. At the same time, the detachment that had been sent there to raid the local coast guard's stockpiles also manages to land a few sailors on the island and plant an Iron Blood flag in the place of the prior Statue of Liberty. The men do me proud by snapping a few pictures before returning to their ships and continuing the assault on New York's coastal facilities. 

Our attack against Norfolk spills over to Washington D.C. where a few of our KANSEN storm the White House but find it has been mostly evacuated ahead of time. Roon is amongst them so it comes as no surprise when through my aircraft I find the White House being burnt to the ground as sailors march off with loot from within while being covered by our girls. 

A few of Eagle Union's KANSEN manage to organise a resistance but their effects are nullified by the sheer overwhelming force we bring to bear. The few that manage to survive our initial onslaught are hunted down and bombed thanks to our Air Supremacy over the entirety of the East Coast. F1 fighters are present too, though still in relatively small numbers, as about 50 of them make the journey across the Atlantic with the aid of refuelling jets doing round-the-clock missions to keep them airborne.

These jets, though small in number, manage to further guarantee our Supremacy as they easily head further inland and disable nearby AirBases thus preventing the rest of the nation from sending a quick reaction force.

Our attack is as devastating as it is precise and once I've learned that all objectives have been completed, I inform the admiral and he orders the general withdrawal. As we fall back, our aircraft do one last sortie in which all major cities on the Northern East Coast are bombed with highly explosive munitions and firebombs. 

The last of our fighters, to add insult to injury, drop leaflets declaring this our July 4th gift to Eagle Union that the other carrier girls and I, along with sailors from our escorting ships, had managed to write up while the attack was underway.