Ch26: Sakura Ambassadors

Government officials, Imperial Guards and KANSEN all line the throne room as the delegation from the Sakura Empire enters. I'm surprised by how small the delegation is. There are no humans, no guards, only two girls that I've already been informed are KANSEN.

????: Thank you for granting us an audience, Your Majesty. I am Akagi and with me is my sister, Kaga.

 I am Akagi and with me is my sister, Kaga

Damn. No one told me the Sakura Empire's girls were this fucking hot! I might have to reevaluate my plans for peace to get...no...I'm getting ahead of myself. Control yourself August. You are an Empress now and your words hold weight.

Me: It's only natural. To what do we owe the pleasure of your visit?

Akagi: I am here on behalf of the Emperor to negotiate an alliance between our nations.

Me: An alliance?

Akagi: Yes. We believe that such would prove beneficial to both our nations.

Me: Hmmm? What's in it for me?

Akagi: Your Majesty?

Me: I get what you'd gain from allying with us but what would we gain?

Akagi: I-

Me: It's not like we need your help in dealing with the Eagle Union which is currently incapable of mounting another attack on us. We definitely don't need your aid with Rumelia or the Northern Parliament as well since we are no longer at war with either so what exactly would I be gaining from this alliance?

Akagi: You might not be at war with the aforementioned nations but do you really believe the Northern Parliament will refrain from attacking you in the future?

Me: Hmmm?

Akagi: Furthermore, Eagle Union's industrial capacity means that they'll soon return to full strength which they'll use to take us out one by one if we don't band together to crush them.

Me: Valid points though it does point out the fact that you aren't aware of the damage we did to their infrastructure during our attack. Thanks to my forces attacking their core territory they will need to relocate all the damaged ships to the Pacific theatre to repair them. Needless to say, this makes them your problem, not ours.

Akagi: Okay, and if they defeat us then what? Are you prepared to fight the full might of the Eagle Union and the Northern Parliament?

Me: Yes. Yes, we are.

She seems genuinely surprised by my reply and the nods in agreement the rest of the room provides. After all, every last person in this room save for our guests is fully aware of the work we've done to secure our own borders. By technological prowess alone, we'd be able to defend ourselves indefinitely even if the rest of the world attacks us all at once.

Me: Don't feel disheartened though. There is something you could give me.

Akagi: There is?

Me: Yes...you.

She seems confused by my statement but rather than elaborate, I invite her to stay in Berlin for a while and enjoy the sights while we discuss amongst ourselves and she reluctantly agrees. The time allotted before our next meeting is set for one week. The minute they leave, the room erupts into chaos.

Minister: This could prove advantageous as with their help we could crush Eagle Union.

General: Ah, yes. However, don't forget that their Empire is being ruled by a ruthless collection of Generals and Admirals who'd like to see nothing but their nation ruling over us all!

Minister: You are implying that the Emperor has no power-

General: We all know-

Me: We won't be allying with them so all your discussions are pointless.

All: Your Majesty?

Me: We're relatively at peace, right now. Why throw that away to fight a war on the other side of the globe?

Admiral: Your Majesty, might I suggest that we at least hear them out and find out what exactly they want from us before deciding?

Me: I'd like to think they were pretty straightforward with what they want.

General: Exactly! There's no point in entertaining-

Minister: Silence, fool!

The room falls silent once more as I stand. Each of them bows, knowing full well that any words I say now will determine the direction and the approach we take regardless of their personal feelings on the matter.

Me: As I said, we will not ally with them. However, it remains to be seen whether we'll come to an agreement over lesser treaties such as trade, non-aggression pacts and so on. As such, you are to continue treating them with respect. Am I clear?

All: Yes, Your Majesty.

Me: Good. 

Now then, I wonder what the rest of Sakura's girls look like...