Ch40: The Observer (1)

It's been a few days since Hakuryuu and her court arrived in Berlin. Today, we're visiting the city of Marseille as part of the tour showcasing Iron Blood in all its beauty. We still haven't concluded talks surrounding our nation's potential alliance with each other but they've already agreed to join the wider NATO alliance so I can't complain much.

Now as I'm walking along the beach with Akagi, however, I can't prevent my mind from wandering to thoughts surrounding my time since being here. For almost as long as I've been in this world, Parseval's been with me and though we've separated into two separate beings as of late she's still every bit the closest thing I have to a family here outside of Rupprecht and Mother. 

Akagi: Still worried about her?

Me: Hmmm?

She stops in front of me, placing her hands on her hips.

Akagi: You're clearly distracted and given the circumstances, I can't blame you but worrying about it won't solve anything. Isn't VestalM already working on a solution?

Me: She is...

Akagi: But?

Me: Nothing's certain.

Akagi: What in this life ever is?

She smiles, taking my hand in hers before placing it over her heart.

Akagi: Do you remember what you asked of me the first time we met?

Me: Hmmm?

Akagi: You said if we were ever to ally with one another then your price for such an alliance would be me.

Me: Oh?

I know she's trying to distract me from my worries but despite knowing this, I can't help but feel intrigued to see where she's going with this.

Akagi: I'm here now so why not claim me as your own?

Me: I doubt your sister would like that very much.

Akagi: Kaga can survive without me. Besides, she could always visit.

Me: With how she looks at you from behind, I'd say that won't be enough.

Akagi laughs, stepping closer while keeping my hand over her heart.

Akagi: Do you feel it?

Me: The beat?

Akagi: The way my heart pounds under your touch.

Me: Akagi...

My voice comes out a lot lower than I meant, almost seductively, and Akagi's eyes darken in response.

Akagi: You could take me right here...

She moves my hand further south until it's slipped beneath the fabric and begun caressing her breast. When my thumb finally brushes against her nipple, a soft moan escapes her lips.

Akagi: We could enjoy things like this every day.

She pulls my hand back up across her chest until it reaches her cheek where she slips my thumb into her mouth before sucking on it.

I'm tempted to do just as she suggests and strip her naked right here before exploring every inch of her body. Truth be told, we're on a section of the beach where we're entirely alone. However, given this is still very much a famous tourist spot within Iron Blood it'd be foolish for me to do something like that here.

As if answering my wish, the wind suddenly blows in a direction that causes me to realise a nearby shed. It's just there, out in the open. How did I miss it before?