Chapter 29: Search for the Crimson Shadow

___February 7, 1934___

___~Kalayaan~___

President Winchester passes Presidential Decree 101

This decree authorizes the formation of the Continental Navy, with Commodore Ertchin Lystrum being appointed as the Main Naval Commander.

____________

Ertchin stood before the War Council his coat decorated with his new rank.

He couldn't believe it actually from being a commodore of the makeshift navy, he became the commander of the navy after the Ken Drick signed the Presidential Decree.

"Grand Admiral Lystrum," Cody spoke as he fixed his posture.

"You are to lead the fleet into the West Philippine sea and protect our Merchant ships," he said, the light reflecting of his glasses making it hard for Ertchin to read the Secretary's expression.

"By the order of this council, you are to establish forts along the St. Lawrence area of responsibility," Ertchin nods knowing that there are key points around the pacific where the British has left for them to take.

"You are also ordered by President Winchester to establish diplomatic relations between the different nations of South East Asia," he continued while Ertchin nodded.

"You are dismissed and congratulation, Grand Admiral," Cody finished with a smile while Ertchin smiled before saluting, leaving the council room.

__________

"Ertchin!" He turned to see it was Cody.

"Cody, what could I do for you old friend?" He said while Cody patted him on the back.

"I want you to go to the Philippines and deliver this to President Bonifacio," he said while giving Ertchin the letter.

"What is this letter for?" He asked while Cody gave him a serious expression.

"It's a letter from James. Ensure that it's delivered immediately," he said while Ertchin nodded.

"Yes, Cody," he said while Cody smiled and patted him on the back before leaving for his office.

___February 19, 1934___

He couldn't believe it actually from being a commodore of the makeshift navy to becoming the commander of the navy after Ken Drick signed the Presidential Decree.

He stood nearby the helm of The Jackdaw watching his men bring up the last of their supplies and placed it in the galley.

"Sir, the fleet is all clear for leaving the port," Cutter said as Ertchin nodded.

"Set the sails to full speed!" Ertchin shouted while his men set loose of the sails allowing the ship to leave the port.

Following his ship was five Man-of-Wars, eight brigs, and ten Schooners. He knows that it was only a matter of time before they encounter the Crimson Shadow again yet he knows that they'll be ready when that moment comes.

"You think we'll see the Shadow once more, cap?" Cutter asked while Ertchin looked at his quartermaster.

"Aye, I don't doubt it but we'll be ready once we get there," he said  while they continued forward leaving Cheapsake bay once more.