Chapter 30: Battle of Fort San Pedro

_______August 18, 1935______

He touched the rudder of his beloved ship, the amount of time he placed on his ship along with his crew.

He knew that he shouldn't have made that deal with Davy Jones, the literal devil of the sea, but he cannot let his beloved Redeemer fall to the depths so when Davy Jones appeared. He pleaded hard for him to live and have his beloved ship back.

Davy Jones didn't agree at first yet through that ever famous Lawrencian grit and determination, he caved in and allowed the captain to sail his beloved ship for seven years.

"Please, Jones let me sail my ship for seven more years. We both know that the British nearly wiped us out," Ertchin said trying to sound convincing.

The squid face captain looked at him remembering what happened the last time the British used him.

"Fine! But fail to pay yer debt or I'm going to send yer greatest fear,"

Once its resurrection, it had a charred appearance and yet its original color of just plain brown and its original figurehead were removed.

Replaced by a dark blue and black color scheme, and a figurehead that looks like a small mocking bird.

And now Jones has sent his greatest fear, a monstrosity revived from the depths. To add more insult to injury, the Royal Navy learned that their pride and joy has come back giving them a chance to assert their dominace once more in the area.

__________

Ertchin, Admiral Ledesma, and Captain Cutter stood on the small island while Grand Admiral Wilson stood next to Admiral Drake and The Governor of The East India trading Company.

"You seem to have forgotten who owns this seas," The governor spoke while Ertchin gave the man a glare.

"No we haven't because we own this seas," he said with a calm tone with Ledesma agreeing with Ertchin's sentiment.

The British has overstepped their boundaries multiple times nearly taking control of their country during the Seven Years' War. He won't deny that the British tried to intimidate them into not supporting the Revolution at St. Lawrence. Unluckily for them Bonifacio wasn't the kind of man to be easily intimidated by people from higher classes.

"How about this, we settle this once and for all," Grand Admiral Wilson spoke, realizing the situation has been blown to great proportions.

"If your ship could defeat the Crimson Shadow, we will withdraw from the West Philippine Sea and the East India Company won't bother you unless it's purely for trade," The Grand Admiral spoke while Ertchin looked at Ledesma and Cutter.

"Yes, the Jackdaw can take on your ship," he said while Drake glared at him before giving ahumourless laugh.

"You could only dream traitor," Drake taunted while he resisted the urge to draw out his revolver, knowing that this is his only chance to protect what they have built.

________________

"Set the sails to full sail!" He shouted as the Jackdaw started to move forward. Anxiety dominating his mind while Cutter and Ledesma stood next to him.

It started to rain with a whirlpool forming in the middle of the battle. Only making him more nervous knowing that they were lucky the last time they won the battle.