Chapter 11: Captured

________August 30, 1932________

As Cody and Mey were walking their way back to the apartments they eventually ended up in an alleyway, the area was quite dark.

Both of them know that leaving the tavern at night, especially amid the Revolutionary War is an extremely dangerous idea and they have to deal with the consequences. As they were nearing the end of the alleyway, a tall, bulky man stood in front of them.

As they turned around to go back to the way they came from, five other men came out of the darkness.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here boys, it seems like General Rivera and Commander Bracodo found themselves in the wrong part of the city," The Man said as he tried to grab Cody but was punched in the face by the former General. The men got into a fighting stance all the while Mey and Cody had their fists up.

"What do you want with us?" Mey asked as both men held their ground.

"We were hired by the British to capture you in return for a large sum of money," one of the mercenaries said as Cody brought out his dagger.

"We don't want to fight, there is no point in getting us we have nothing that could help the British in the war effort," Cody said as one of the mercenaries rushed at him with a knife in hand. He blocked it with his dagger, while Mey shoved one of the mercenaries to the ground and punched the man until he was unconscious.

Cody punched the mercenary in the stomach to break the blade lock. As he staggers he takes the chance to incapacitate the mercenary taking the knife and giving it to Mey as the young commander punches one of the mercenaries in the face knocking them out.

As the bulky man stood up he glared at Cody and then at Mey, both of them were ready to face off the man until he just grabbed both of them by the head and made them bump heads into each other.

___________________________________

As Cody and Mey woke up they saw someone in front of them. They cannot see them properly but they know it's a redcoat.

"General Rivera and Commander Bracodo, what an honor to meet you face-to-face," The redcoat mocked as Cody glared.

"Bloody Redcoat what do you want with us," Cody said as the Redcoat grinned menacingly at him.

"You hold important information about the Revolution, considering you are the commanding officer," The Redcoat said as Cody suppressed a smug grin.

"Ha... Do you really think that I would betray my comrades? Especially after what you people did to us?" Cody said smugly as he was punched in the face by the Redcoat.

"For being a General you are extremely stubborn," The Redcoat complained while Mey glared at him.

"For being a General you are extremely temperamental," Cody shot back as said redcoat drew his pistol out about to shoot him.

"That's enough Bragsbreille, shooting him at the leg will just make the Prime minister pissed at you," A feminine voice said as Cody looked up towards them. She was a few inches shorter than him, dressed with a dark vest and black breeches. She looked quite beautiful as she glared at him with her emerald eyes.

"Leave me be with this traitorous rat... take the boy with you and bring him to the cells," She said as Cody started to sweat. Mey looked alarmed as he was forced out of his chair and dragged out of the room. He gave him a look that said 'please survive'. Cody gave him a sad smile as Mey was dragged out of the room. He watched Mey get dragged out of the room, he shuffled hearing the chair giving a long creak. Looking around he saw the hand having the key on her belt. He started to formulate a plan in his head.

"Commissioner Rivera didn't think you would be arrested for treason against the empire," She said as Cody looked at her.

"Emperor's hand never thought you would take time to talk with a lowly commissioner like me," Cody said as he remained calm. She growled a bit as she took a knife out and stabbed it on the table.

"Commissioner... more like General of the Revolutionary Army, tell me... How long have you been harbouring this traitorous secret... How many lies have you told to me and the king?" She said as she got close to him. He started sweating again, but he must remain strong.

"Why should I tell you? I have nothing to say," Cody said with confidence. She slapped him on the face, he continued looking at her with a grim look of determination.

"You are a coward and a traitor," She said as she grabbed the knife and placed it close to his neck, he started praying that he wasn't going to die today, especially when he left Ken Drick and Kyra in a terrible spot. He suddenly felt the sudden calm, as if everything was slowed down, only him and the Emperor's hand moving at the same speed.

"Go ahead kill me, it's not the first time that I knocked on death's door," Cody said as the hand glared at him. She struck the knife on the desk, and sudden relief flooded through him, but he did his best not to show it.

"If you won't speak then maybe the young commander will," She said as Cody stared at her with horror. He struggled against the holds as he stood up and knocked her against the wall grabbing the key. He ran at full force towards a wall, breaking the chair as he collided with it. The hand started to get up as he exited the room.

He flashed her a smug grin as he closed the door. Two guards stood in front of him, they ready their bayonets as they started attacking him, he barely dodged the attack grabbing the bayonet and head-butting him.

The hand watched from inside the room as Cody looked behind him and kicked the guard while taking one of their daggers. He placed it on his belt as he knocked the guard out.

He turned around as he was about to open the door, but he was punched in the face.

"I wish you told me... I would have joined you..." The hand said as he fell unconscious.

_________________________

"Cody,"

"Cody..."

"CODY!"

He jolted as he looked at his friend. Guess his failed escape didn't do them any favors.

"I guess we will only get information from you by torturing this young man, Cody," The hand said as he glared at her. She smirks as he just continues glaring at her.

"Don't," He said as she entered their cell. He held onto Mey trying to protect him.

She looks at him with wonder, the stories say that he is a cruel general... one who tortures British troops into giving information. Yet what she sees is the complete opposite... A man who is doing his best to protect the people.

No, she must continue with what the Empire wants, no needs. She must get information from them even if it costs the lives of good men.

TO BE CONTINUED