Chapter 15: The Rescue

They felt the rope go around their necks, and the warden of the prison was personally there to oversee the execution. General Bragsbrielle along with the other members of high command watched as their greatest adversaries prepared for death.

"As orders from the king, General Rivera and Commander Bracodo are to be executed for crimes against the Monarchy," The announcer said as the executioner prepared them.

"Don't worry sir, the battalion is on their way," Poper said to Cody, fixing the rope around his neck. Cody nodded as he moved to Mey. The young man seemed panicked as Poper fixed the rope around his neck. 

"My son, don't worry. They are on their way," Poper tried to say in a calm tone as Mey started to calm down. Poper smiled behind his hood as he went to the side. Waiting for the signal.

"Under orders of the king and the royal court, General Rivera and Commander Bracodo are to be executed for the crime of Treason, and Insurrection," The announcer said with excitement as a sniper positioned himself in one of the buildings. 

The crowd cheered while others shouted as General Bragsbrielle took out his gun and fired it to the sky, silencing the crowd. 

"This is the end of the revolution, with two of their key figures dead we will demoralize the Revolutionary Army of the North and bring back law and order to this colonies!" Bragsbrielle shouted as he looked at Poper and nodded. Poper sighed instead of pulling the lever to execute Cody and Mey, he pulled something at the side, and a flag started flying against the wind as a gunshot echoed through the area.

The crowd started to shout in panic as Poper removed the rope around Cody and Mey's neck, throwing it to the side as he took out two revolvers from his cloak. Throwing them toward both men.

"Fully loaded," Poper said as Cody and Mey shot the guards who were guarding them. 

Bragsbreille started running, disappearing among the panicked crowd. Other members of the military high command escaped with him. Another shot was heard as Cody, Mey, and Poper smiled as revolutionary soldiers entered.

The remaining regulars dropped their guns and held their hands in surrender as troops from the 212th and 315th surrounded them.

"By the order of President Winchester and Generals Rivera and Brooker you are all under arrest," Lieutenant-Commander Lovington and Commander Lawrence said as redcoats held themselves, bitter expressions painted on their faces.

General Brooker entered the courtyard as revolutionary troops covered the entire prison. He took out a map and set it to Cody and Mey.

"From the looks of it the British are setting up camp, here at the small hill of Brook height, and here at Pulgs hill. Their supply line is completely defended. By the looks of it their East flank is completely disorganized,"

"Well we have to attack them, here and here," Cody said as he pointed towards the west and east flank of the British position.

"We should take advantage of them still setting up for battle, if we leave them, it will just result in a British victory and the capture of the prison along with all of us," Cody continued looking at Mey and Karl.

"Karl, you'll attack the west flank, your artillery core could distract them long enough for the calvary of Captain Onderon to take the position of Pulgs hill. Mey, I need you to attack their disorganized east flank, Lietenant-Commander Lovington's artillery core could distract them long enough for you take over the east flank and turn this entire battle to our advantage," Cody said as Karl and Mey nodded and rushed to their positions.

______________________________

The door to her cell opened as three guards guided her to her feet.